Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-02-26 23:14:31

lithiumdave

[textile] Problem on PHP 5.2.x and FreeBSD 6.2

I’m on a FreeBSD server (v 6.2) running PHP 5.2.1. I use the Expression Engine CMS for all my sites, which has a Textile plugin I’ve used happily for ages on many many sites.

At the weekend my host upgraded to the the versions of both the above and now anything using Textile is broken. The guys on the EE forum have recommended I post here as they say they basically took the Textile code ‘as is’ when they created the plugin.

The error I’m getting is this (on the live site):

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 5 in /path/to/root/public_html/system/plugins/pi.textile.php on line 440

Similar error messages are repeated down the screen, around 25 times, with the offset number and the line number changing (with no discernible pattern, like incrementing by one).

The EE forum guys say they know of people on Wordpress having a similar issue too.

They’ve pointed me to a particular part of the code in one of the system files:

$str = preg_replace_callback(“#(^|\s|\(|..\])((http(s?)://)|(www\.))(\w+[^\s\)\<\[]+)#i”, array(&$this, ‘auto_linker_callback’), $str);

and the auto_linker function it’s calling, but I have to say I’m lost on that one.

Does anybody know of a way to fix this? Basically I have 25 sites all running Textile all broken : (

Many many thanks in advance for any help. Happy to provide the system file they mentioned.

Last edited by lithiumdave (2007-02-26 23:16:14)

#2 2007-02-26 23:50:10

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: [textile] Problem on PHP 5.2.x and FreeBSD 6.2

That particular line looks like it has been added by the EE devs, or whoever wrote their Textile plugin. It’s not in the standard Textile source as maintained here, nor does it resemble anything in there.

It’d be happy to help the EE developers fix their problem and/or update the EE plugin to the offical Textile Two release. You can point them to my web site.

Last edited by zem (2007-02-27 00:00:41)

Alex

#3 2007-02-27 10:34:27

lithiumdave

Zem, that’s fantastic. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I’ve passed on your details to the EE devs and hopefully they’ll get back soon. I’ll let you know if I have a reply.

Thanks again : )

#4 2007-02-27 11:41:57

lithiumdave

Just had a reply from my host:

“We’ve tracked down the cause of the issues. Its actually related to a bug in the PCRE library. We’ve rolled back PCRE to 6.6.1 which has fixed the problems.”

So that’s better! I hope EE update to Textile Two anyway, but the immediate issue is fixed for now.

Thanks again Zem.

Board footer