Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-02-06 16:28:52

davej
Website

[request] Allow users to suggest tags for articles

I’m using rss_unlimited_categories by Rob Sable at the moment and it’s great. However I would really love it if visitors to my site could suggest tags/categories for each article. Basically there would be a form at the end of each article allowing visitors to input tag suggestions.

The tag suggestions would ideally be sent to an admin first for moderation but that step is optional.

What do people think? I could see this plugin being a good extension of rss_unlimited_categories.

Thanks,
Dave

#2 2007-02-08 02:13:13

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [request] Allow users to suggest tags for articles

You could use zem_contact/zem_contact_reborn to do this. That’d be the simplest way to do it (a basic contact form).

#3 2007-02-08 02:22:35

davej
Website

Re: [request] Allow users to suggest tags for articles

Mary wrote:

You could use zem_contact/zem_contact_reborn to do this. That’d be the simplest way to do it (a basic contact form).

Hmmm… Thanks for the suggestion Mary, Ideally I’d prefer it if I didn’t have to go and then manually add the tag. Perhaps I didn’t express what I wanted to do properly in my post, I’ll give it another go and I’ll be more specific.

I want to create a site where the visitors to the site will be choosing the tags for the content, anybody can add a tag, no authentication required. Moderation would be useful but it’s something that I could live without.

Board footer