Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-11-23 23:46:40

duchamp
Website

Re: Alex Dukal New Website

guiguibonbon wrote:

mmm… delicious!
You might want to get that footer on the bottom of the screen in your portfolio; It’s a bit tricky, but possible. I managed to do it here . It’s a W.I.P., don’t look at the slideshow ;) It’s basicly a matter of setting heights and min-heights to body, html, and a container div, and giving the container div a bottom-padding of the same value as the height of your footer (which has to be inside the mentionned container).
Hope it helps.

Thanks guiguibonbon!
I didn’t realise about that detail, just when you mentioned I pressed F11 to have more space on my screen and Yes! the footer is not where I want … I’m going to fix it in a while!
Again: thx a ton!

#14 2006-11-24 11:41:19

duchamp
Website

guiguibonbon wrote:

You might want to get that footer on the bottom of the screen

Well, I guess it’s fixed!
Finally I’ve used a little DOM Scripting from A List Apart that calculates the “content” and “footer” hight to stick the last one at the bottom of the screen. If javascript is disabled the footer will just follow the normal flow as it was before this solution.

Another fix was to implement some .htaccess rules to kill some hotlinking.
When you have a portfolio with images some people use to link directly to your images without knowing that they are stoling some bandwidth that costs money for you!

Thx again

#15 2006-12-02 05:46:02

dbulli
Website

Great job on the site and beautiful WORK !! … as everyone said the turning pages metaphor is very cool… i guess you have to upload 3 pictures for every portfolio piece … i am sure some DOM magic could be implemented …

how come you didn’t use textpattern for the blog too ?

nuff-respec ::: dannyb

#16 2006-12-02 15:28:12

duchamp
Website

dbulli wrote:

Great job on the site and beautiful WORK !! … as everyone said the turning pages metaphor is very cool… i guess you have to upload 3 pictures for every portfolio piece … i am sure some DOM magic could be implemented

Thanks a ton!
I’ve to upload just two images for each post or page (one for the left page and another one for the right page), thumbs are authomatically generated by textpattern.

dbulli wrote:

…how come you didn’t use textpattern for the blog too?

I thought enough about it and decided to maintain my blog in blogger ‘cause there’s a great community there, anyway … the news on my site are managed by textpattern!

#17 2006-12-04 19:12:49

Alex McKee
Website

Excellent illustration, very effective use of background images in the site itself. Lovely. Well done.

#18 2007-01-29 18:56:46

John Wozniak

The site is really sweet.

I did notice that the square border of your portfolio images/illustrations is not seamless with the site which seems like an oversight in such an otherwise well put together site.

A semi-transparent GIF or PNG would take care of that, with the book cropped out along its edges.

I dig your illustrations – in another life I would be an illustrator.

Board footer