Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-29 03:58:12

John Wozniak

How do I make a nav link show the current state?

I had/have deleted most everything from the default install that was content – articles, links and so on…

I would like to create a links page with the links I have added via the admin tool.

Can someone explain how I can get them to appear on a page or point me to something that explains it.

Also I would like to have a gallery of both personal images and of work/portfolio type stuff. Any suggestions for a plugin or method?

Finally, if I use the txp tags to generate a nav based on my sections does anyone know of simple way to disable/remove the link from the current section to create a current/active state for the tab?

I know I can hand code it with HTML but I would prefer to use as much built in Textpattern functionality as possible

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by John Wozniak (2007-01-29 14:03:51)

#2 2007-01-29 04:10:36

rsilletti

Re: How do I make a nav link show the current state?

Textbook
should help for tags. For plugins, TXP Resources under the TXP Network Links menu at the top of this page is the place to go.

#3 2007-01-29 13:55:36

John Wozniak

I have read through the two FAQ’s on Dean’s site and textbook.

I have a specific question about making an active state tab that has not been covered in what I have read so far which includes going through the English version of Textbook it its entirety and the FAQ’s on Dean’s site.

I also wondered if someone had a gallery plugin or method they really liked – I have many ideas of my own and if I have to be bound solely by them that is fine, but it would be nice to get some input from the crowd.

Finally how do I recreate the links page from the links I have added in the admin.

I know the tags to create links in articles, that is no problem of course. I would like to have them organized in lists by the categories I have created with the admin tool.

#4 2007-01-29 14:31:32

els

John Wozniak wrote:

Finally how do I recreate the links page from the links I have added in the admin.

I know the tags to create links in articles, that is no problem of course. I would like to have them organized in lists by the categories I have created with the admin tool.

txp:linklist

#5 2007-01-29 14:34:43

els

John Wozniak wrote:

Finally, if I use the txp tags to generate a nav based on my sections does anyone know of simple way to disable/remove the link from the current section to create a current/active state for the tab?

Have a look at glx_hl_current.

#6 2007-01-29 14:56:49

John Wozniak

Perfecto!

Thanks so much.

Now I just gotta figure out how to present a photo gallery nicely using as much TXP functionality as possible.

#7 2007-01-29 15:04:44

els

Lots of plugins out there…

#8 2007-01-29 15:21:08

John Wozniak

Els wrote:

Lots of plugins out there…

That’s kinda what I was worried about – its like a restaurant menu with too many options to pick from.

Better too many than too little though – that is faw shaw.

Thanks again for all your help and pointing me in the right direction quite a few times now.

Last edited by John Wozniak (2007-01-30 00:06:44)

Board footer