Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2006-08-09 22:21:35

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

Thanks for the hint… I’ll investigate. However, it’ll take a few days as I’m busy working on a new plugin for galleries, so please bear with me. :)

#74 2006-09-07 16:36:15

pietertje
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

Maybe you can use single arrows (↑ and ↓) in the admin part, cause the double ones give a square in Safari. And if i remember also IE/Win – but i can’t test that here…

Thanx very much for you work!

Last edited by pietertje (2006-09-07 16:37:35)

#75 2006-09-07 20:50:23

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

OK, roger that – I’ll give it a try; however, since IE’s DOM implementation is crap, it won’t do IE users much good if they can see the arrows but can’t use the instant-sorting feature. ;) Ah well, let’s wait for IE7, maybe this fixes the problem for the IE people.

The bug mentioned in the postings before will be addressed shortly; the gallery plugin is almost ready. :)

#76 2006-10-03 13:17:28

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I have identified the bug – wow, this was really difficult. Thanks to everyone who notified me of this – bug is fixed, new version (1.0 RC2) is available for download. Thanks for your patience!

Last edited by nighthawk (2006-10-03 14:41:01)

#77 2006-12-23 20:06:31

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Has anybody already tried the plugin with Textpattern 4.0.4? Any problems? If so, please post them here, and I’ll try to fix them asap. Thanks!

#78 2007-01-07 16:22:31

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Fixed minor CSS display issues on admin screen with TXP 4.0.4. Added conditional tag which checks if the current category belongs to a given parent category. Final amendments.

And here we are: wow_menu 1.0 is released!
The wishlist for future versions is open again. :)

#79 2007-01-22 06:05:56

WebKat

I’m feeling very stupid. The plugin works great insofar as it shows the right information, but for the life of me, nothing I try to add to the CSS file is having any effect on the way the menu looks! Right now it’s too wide for the column it is in, the indent is waaaaaay too big on the child categories, and the text is way too small. However, nothing I do touches it. I’m using “menutree” as the name, but menutree, #menutree, .menutree, div#menutree… none of them seem to do anything. I also tried a bunch of other permutations (spent over an hour in all) but nothing is working. Can someone please, please, please post an example of their CSS?

For example, my other left-column lists are controlled with this:

div#leftmenu li { padding:0 0 2px 55px; margin:0; font-weight:bold; font-size:.75em; list-style-type:none; text-decoration: none; border:0; }

WebKat

#80 2007-01-22 09:10:09

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi,

you should make sure that especially the nested elements are properly formatted (don’t forget that if you format <li>s etc., its attributes will be applied to child <li>swithin the menutree as well, unless you explicitly format them otherwise.

Maybe this example CSS helps (it also opens one submenu level on hover, but requires a .htc file for IE to work, so if you want to see how it looks, use Firefox :) :

#menutree {
	position: relative;
	height: 23px;
	background-image: url(yourimagehere);
	background-repeat: repeat-x;
	margin-left: -10px;
	margin-right: -10px;
}

#menutree ul {
        margin-top:0px;
        left:-15px;
	padding-top: 3px;
	position: absolute;
	list-style: none;
	width: 1000px;
}

#menutree li {
	line-height: 16px;
	padding-left: 5px;
	padding-right: 5px;
	float: left;
	font-size: 12px;
        position:relative;
}

#menutree ul ul {
        display:none;
        left:5px;
}

#menutree ul li:hover ul {
        display:block;
}

#menutree ul li ul {
        width:120px;
}

#menutree li li {
	float: none;
	margin-left: -40px;
	padding-top: 2px;
	position: relative;
	width: 120px;
	background: #eee;
	border-left: 3px solid #f00;
}

#menutree a {
	border: 0;
}

#menutree a:hover {
	border-bottom: 1px solid black;
}

#81 2007-01-25 20:36:38

WebKat

“wow_menu also supports sections, but through a workaround. If the plugin finds a category and section with the same name, it will link to the section instead of the category.”

Um, this is ruining my day in a big way. Can I turn this off? I don’t ever, ever, ever, ever, ever (did I mention ever?) want it to link to sections. There are several reasons for this, including but not limited to the fact that I don’t have my site organized that way! But I had to create same-named sections to make the links to related articles at the bottom of the pages not link to completely irrelevant stuff, and thus now my menu is almost worthless because it keeps linking to sections for half of the categories, which sucks because it’s a kick ass plugin otherwise. (And due to other settings and so on, I have been unable to get my section lists to display properly without messing up other pages, so right now they only show one article, in excerpt format, which is worthless.)

Also, when using showcount, I get this behavior:
showcount=“0” – no article count (duh)
showcount=“1” – article count with the word “articles” (makes the whole thing way too wide for my nav area)
showcount=“2” – article count with the word “articles”, identical to “1”. :(

I just want [12] or whatever, I don’t want any words! Help?

Edited to add: I don’t know if it will matter at all but here is a link to my (test) site: http://test.opalcat.com

Last edited by OpalCat (2007-01-26 00:38:21)

WebKat

#82 2007-01-27 14:05:56

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Sure thing – check the plugin help. You just need to turn “sal” (section auto-link) off (i.e. set it to “0”).
Investigating on the “showcount = 2” problem…

Addendum:
Oops! Seems like the “=2”-option wasn’t implemented by my fellow co-writer on this plugin. Sorry for that! Will fix that now and release v1.01 asap.

Addendum:
wow_menu v1.01 released with the fix. Enjoy, and sorry for the inconvenience! :)

Last edited by nighthawk (2007-01-27 14:17:57)

#83 2007-01-27 16:03:19

WebKat

Heh, I feel like a tard now because I saw the “sal” option and thought it was very odd, because in my head I was reading it as an option whether or not to have the things on the menu be links or not and I didn’t see what good it would be without links. I didn’t make the mental connect of the word “Section”. Dur. Downloading new version now… thanks for a great plugin!

WebKat

#84 2007-02-16 10:32:33

GeertAki
Plugin Author
Website

I installed this plugin yesterday and I like it already.
However, I have some remarks/suggestions that you may want to consider to implement:

1) On the new admin-tab, it would be very useful to have a button to automagically sort the menu by category Name (case insensitive please) or title (let the user decide). Perhaps with an option “Keep sorted at all times”, so when a new category is added, it is inserted at the correct place.

2) This is already mentioned in the known issues, but it would be nice if the URL’s follow the textpattern-settings, so clean URL’s when that option is selected on the preferences panel in textpattern, otherwise, use the messy ones.

3) Currently, the wow_menu_if_sub_of-tag does not return true if the current category is the one that you pass as “cat”
For example, when you have parent category “Internet” and 2 sub categories “email-client” and “browser” and when the current category is one of the sub categories and you pass “internet” as “cat”-attribute, it evals as true, but when “internet” is the current category, it evals as false. Perhaps, an extra attribute should be added to specify that you want it to eval then as true as well.

4) Add an option to omit the javascript-output if you don’t need it.

I really hope that you will implement these remarks asap.
However, already nicely done!

edit: remark 4 added.

Last edited by GeertAki (2007-02-16 10:43:54)

Board footer