Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-21 22:55:50

ande

Some simple but worthy improvements to the image section

Hi there,

I’d suggest to

- show width and height in pixels, kBytes together with each image in the detailled view

- change the order of the big image to the end of the page – what we want to acces the edit information mainly, not enjoy the huge image . It would even be enough if the big image would open via a link, not on the page. We know the images already when we load them up..

- show the caption and maybe even the alt text on the image overwiev page, ONLY for the images whose thumbnail is high enough to allow it!!

- I’d like to filter the images via a dropdown-menu of “category”.. if there are many images it gets very annoying to type the category in the search field every time. This selection might stay active when browsing through the result pages!

Thats it for the moment. I think these are very minor chanes which will improve usability greatly..

ande

Last edited by ande (2007-01-21 22:56:14)

#2 2007-01-22 20:34:53

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Some simple but worthy improvements to the image section

…ONLY for the images whose thumbnail is high enough to allow it!!

What does that mean?

#3 2007-01-22 20:58:57

ande

Sorry, I thought it might be clear, but my English might simply not be good enough. :)

Lets take two cases: The thumbnail in the display page of images is only about 50 px high. Then there will be not enough space between the links “display” and “edit” , “date” “name” and the same links of the next image.

If we have however a bigger thumbnail, as in most cases with my images, we see:

http://dellekom.de/kontakt/107

that there is more than enough space to cram some information in, especially with floatings divs or so it should not be a big problem.

Hope that does it ;)

Thanks for responding so quick, you seem to do a lot of txp programming, thank you for that! Wonderful software..

#4 2007-01-22 21:02:52

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Ah, yes, I understand you now.

Board footer