Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2007-01-10 10:24:29

aschiwi
Website

[request] address book / database output

hey guys,

for a client i need to output a list of members of their organization (about 180) with name, address, phone no, email addresses etc (8 fields total) and needs to be searchable. i’ve been looking all over but cant find anything i could use. i think it wouldnt be too hard to have some kind of plugin that adds a new tab and works similar to the “links” tab. in the txp backend it could be specified how many fields we want and what the names of the fields will be. this way the plugin could be used to output addresses, cd lists etc.

does anyone know what i mean? could this also be accomplished by custimizing the links tab, as i’m not using it for this project? i’m also willing to pay for a custom coded plugin.

will try to explain a little better
i think it would be using a separate database table.
in the textpattern backend a new tab could be created. in the tab you specify the amount of fields and their names which are then created in the database table. then the fields can be filled in that same tab. output of fields with a form.

i think you cant do searches in custom fields and links so far, is this still true? for this i would need a search, otherwise it’s useless…

thank you
anja

Last edited by aschiwi (2007-01-10 10:55:56)

#2 2007-01-10 12:14:06

aschiwi
Website

Re: [request] address book / database output

maybe it could tie in with or be based on wilshire’s rss_admin_db_manager? just an idea…

Board footer