Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-28 07:53:13

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

[feedback] Question for TeamTextpattern

Could you tell us how and when the new products “Bannister” and “TXP Pro” will be available?
Under which conditions?
Will they be available for whoever uses TXP has professional title?

Cheers.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#2 2006-12-28 17:32:02

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: [feedback] Question for TeamTextpattern

Could you tell us how and when the new products “Bannister” and “TXP Pro” will be available?

Watch http://team.textpattern.com/:

Bannister …Available soon for selected client projects.

Textpattern Pro …In development.

Will they be available for whoever uses TXP has professional title?

Sorry, what are you asking?

#3 2006-12-29 09:32:43

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Mary wrote:

bq. Bannister …Available soon for selected client projects.
Watch http://team.textpattern.com/

Mary, I know TeamTextpattern.
My question is : how will you choose your selected client. How to become a selected client :)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#4 2006-12-29 15:58:42

Destry
Website

Pat64 wrote: Will they be available for whoever uses TXP has professional title?

Mary wrote: Sorry, what are you asking?

I think what he’s asking is does one have to be a licensed business (freelance, LLC, whatever) to be able to use it.

#5 2006-12-29 16:58:49

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Destry wrote:

I think what he’s asking is does one have to be a licensed business (freelance, LLC, whatever) to be able to use it.

Yes Destry! …And how could you have Bannister for this kind of projects? Ask TeamTextpattern by mail? Be a good TXP user :)? Know the TXP Core Developers personally?:)) Offer lots of money? :)))

Patrick.

#6 2006-12-29 19:12:37

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Pat64 wrote:

And how could you have Bannister for this kind of projects?

When it’s ready ;)

#7 2006-12-29 22:08:31

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

A client project is a project that someone (i.e. a client) hires Team Textpattern to do. “Selected” means, if it makes sense in the larger context of the project. AFAI am aware there is no intention to release it seperately for developers. But Bannister is Alex’s baby, so if you think you can make a convincing case/proposal for an idea, you might consider contacting him about it.

#8 2006-12-30 08:56:19

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Tks Sencer!
Here is a clear and precise explanation for the community. Thanks.

And what about TXP pro which is still in development?
I believe it that it will be proposed by purchase. Which will be the functionalities which will justify this version “PRO” versus Crockery?
This splendid community of TXP appreciates the immense flexibility of TXP. But, sometimes, I think there is some lacks in it compared to other CMS solutions. For example :

• the possibility of widening the function of research to all the fields (like the custom fields in order to be able to create advanced searchs in our sites ;
  • a fine management of the rights users in order to create workflows ;
  • the internal addition, or in external elements not to weigh down the core, of essential functions, now suggested with beautiful plugins, such as contact form, edit article within the front end etc…

I know your problems as developer with the current limitations of TXP. So will this version be an important projection to beat the other free CMS like Drupal, Joomla, ModX?

Regards,
Patrick.

Patrick.

#9 2006-12-30 21:49:28

zem
Developer Emeritus

The feature list for Textpattern Pro is not yet certain.

If you’d like to discuss a particular project involving Bannister or other Team Textpattern products, please contact us via http://team.textpattern.com/contact/.

Alex

Board footer