Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-13 12:08:51

nomikai

[feedback] Applaud for Textpattern

Hi there,

I thought I’d create a topic to glorify Textpattern. Recently I’ve tried few other softwares with blog features, but I found that they had incomplete functions or were just complicated to start to use.
Then I found Textpattern :)
Textpattern was fairly easy to install and configure, and I got quickly assistance for my problems (I am fairly inexperienced with mysql, php etc.). In general, the documentation of Textpattern is good and helpful. What more can I say? Good software!

br,

-nomi

Last edited by nomikai (2006-12-13 12:09:37)

#2 2006-12-13 14:20:48

maniqui
Website

Re: [feedback] Applaud for Textpattern

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap…

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2006-12-13 14:57:55

RedFox
Website

Encore!

#4 2006-12-26 12:47:21

jstur8jv

I’d really like to second this. I’ve only seriously tried to put together one site prior to my most recent project, and I used wordpress. Trying out Textpattern was like… I don’t know. Something great. Like stepping out of Plato’s cave. Or trying ice cream for the first time.

I’m particularly amazed that two days after I installed Textpattern, I was interested in it and impressed with how it worked enough to learn some minimal php to extend it to fit my needs. I was never so inclined with wordpress. If there wasn’t a plugin that did what I wanted, it didn’t happen.

I very much enjoy the philosophy behind textpattern: very bottoms-up. Nothing is in your site unless you put it there. Beautiful!

I’m very much a fan at this point. Thanks developers!

Board footer