Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2006-10-23 06:47:47

tentaizu
Website

Re: [Archived] bit_rss

Hey does anyone have any idea, how I could get my RSS feed for something like delicious, to actually merge into my article list?

Or would this be a nearly impossible feat?

Patrick.

#50 2006-10-27 17:56:08

rossharvey
Website

Got round to installing this now and no install instructions to be found – anywhere. Am I missing something? Nothing in this thread, on textpattern.org, bits own website or even in the bit_rss.zip archive.

Last edited by rossharvey (2006-10-27 17:56:35)

#51 2006-11-03 21:02:39

makason
Website

Hi,

does this plugin work with articles published with future dates? It does not seem to work in my first tests. Is this a limitation of the plugin or rss ?

My plan is to use this plugin to pull a simple textpattern events calendar into multiple textpattern sites.

Is there a better approach?

Thanks

#52 2006-12-08 16:43:08

dai

hi

im new to txp, could someone please point me in the direction of help regarding installing and using this plugin…

Ive read http://textbook.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Plugin_Development_Topics &
http://thresholdstate.com/articles/3975/anatomy-of-a-textpattern-plugin-part-1

but still havent been able to work it out

regards

dai

#53 2006-12-12 16:44:44

bit
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I apologize for not having the installation instructions anywhere… I could’ve sworn I put them up somewhere. The primary post in this thread has been updated.

For your convenience, here it is:

After installing the plugin itself, you’re going to have to upload simplepie.inc to your web server. The plugin will look for it in /path_to_txp/lib/, but you can place it anywhere the web server can get to and declare its location in the tag itself. That should be pretty much it. :-)

I also apologize if you’re experiencing any bugs or find the plugin lacking in its current state. I’ve had to step away from my txp dev for a while – you know how life is – and I really don’t have much time to take care of this plugin. If anyone wants to step up and make changes to the code itself, I’ll be happy to show you the way. :-)

Last edited by bit (2006-12-12 16:45:51)

“The neighboring marshmallow factory fared no better, having been unable to absorb the incredible pressure wave.”

#54 2006-12-12 20:06:50

marios
Archived Plugin Author

makason wrote:

Hi,

does this plugin work with articles published with future dates? It does not seem to work in my first tests. Is this a limitation of the plugin or rss ?
My plan is to use this plugin to pull a simple textpattern events calendar into multiple textpattern sites.

You could try to put the feed in a custom field each time, and then use asy_wondertag, to supply it as an attribute to Santo’s bit_article tag.

Is there a better approach?

Haven’s found any. I’ts documented here, if you want to try.

Thanks also to Santos for making this nice plugin.

Last edited by marios (2006-12-12 20:07:40)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#55 2006-12-23 22:08:41

Jaro

Thanks for this plugin!

Is there a way to include title of a website in the same way we have date, author etc.? I’m thinking something like <txp:sitename /> which would parse the name of the website/feed.

#56 2007-01-12 16:04:33

dai

does anyone have an example of permalinks function working? i have the same problem as another person, in that the permalink when copied and pasted into another browser displays the same as the index page ive just copied it from…ive looked into the code and found the function which seems to control it “ $article = doPermlink($Form, $out[‘permlink’], $Title, $url_title);” but i cant find where doPermlink() is called from, anyone know?

#57 2007-01-12 20:05:07

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

heya, check out how we’re using bit_rss in the “footer” of our site: http://visicswire.com

I hacked around inside the plugin, simplepie is now pulling three rss feeds (one from each of the three crewmember’s blog) and then bit figures out which one has the mostrecent entry then it outputs that entry, the author name, and their picture.

#58 2007-01-13 07:40:49

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I am trying to use this plugin to ‘fuse’ the 3 feeds from our site… At the moment I have this: <txp:bit_rss feed='http://www.neme.org/main/rss','http://imca.neme.org/main/rss','http://forum.neme.org/extern.php?type=RSS&action=active' limit=30 /> in the head but breaks the whole page which just returns rss feed form not found. Any ideas?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#59 2007-01-13 14:02:36

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

yes, your rss feed form was not found.

Create a new form of type “article” and call it “rss”

#60 2007-01-13 14:40:23

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Thanks walker, i have done that and now the error is not returned.

I guess I should have asked the question in the beginning… Does this plugin make it possible to create a single feed from a comma delimited list of feed urls and for that feed to be available as link in the head of the doc? ie <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="mixed rss feed" href="????" />

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer