Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-27 17:44:31

simmerdesign
Website

Mellin Chiropractic Care launch

Mellin Chiropractic Care was just launched this morning. Textpattern 4.0.4, a healthy dose of plugins, sIFR, etc.

As a health care clinic site, I tried to make it more than just brochureware – the combined RSS/Atom feed for posted blog articles and for clinic news items should help in that regard.

I appreciate any feedback you may have – technical or stylistic opinions are welcome, of course, but also:

a) What would you want out of a clinic website?
b) If you were considering visiting this clinic, would the site answer your questions about what they offer?
c) If you’ve never seen a chiropractor before, does the verbiage make sense?

Thanks.

David Simmer, aka Dr. David Simmer of the abovementioned clinic, Bloomington, MN

#2 2006-11-27 17:56:19

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Mellin Chiropractic Care launch

David, it looks good, I also cycle to keep the bones well oiled.

The only thing I see, using Firefox 2.0, is that the site flickers when I go from section to section, the background doesn’t transition smoothly.

Also check the site using IE7, there’s some issues to address.

#3 2006-11-27 18:53:33

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

How is the font size of the body copy accepted by older patients (I assume your clientele is among the upper end of the population pyramid)?

#4 2006-11-27 21:22:06

simmerdesign
Website

@hcgtv: yes, the background-image positioning of icons on the pdf-classed links and the (in IE) non-transparent corners on those PNGs are issues I’m aware of and fixing.

@wet: haven’t gotten any feedback yet, though that’s been on my mind … I have a wide age range of patients, some of whom are topping the pyramid as you mention. However, those also tend to be the non-internet users … I’ll likely kick it up a size.

btw, SlimStat and wet_slimpattern have given me cause for much rejoicing. Thanks.

#5 2006-11-28 17:34:37

DigitalRealm
Website

Wow, very clean site. I think you have done a good job here with both the layout and the amount of content.

I would only say that the font size in the body copy is just a bit small maybe but overall it looks and functions pretty good!

#6 2006-11-28 22:20:28

claquy
Website

hello. what a fine website! unfortunaly i have no experience with chiropratic.
i use safari 1.3.2 panther of MAC os X, and all is good!

how long is again my road to do that…

#7 2006-12-05 16:12:15

cellseven
Website

Very good use of space, the SIFR is a nice touch too, I was planning on doing that but I use a prototype slider on my headlines and SIFR doesn’t play nicely with that, yet.. I must hack it a bit or change the way I present it possibly.

Again, very nice site, and well put together!

jack [at] cell7*orgCRAP

#8 2006-12-06 16:36:27

simmerdesign
Website

I’ve upsized the body content font size in response to feedback – thanks, everyone.

We also now roll a stripped-down mobile version (thanks to Mike Industries’ brilliant method ): http://mobile.mellinchirocare.com

If you’re also running this trick, I suggest making your links to the mobile version sensitive to where the user is, i.e. link to the mobile version like so:

<a href=“http://mobile.yourdomain.com<txp:page_url />”>link text</a>.

You can see that in action in the footer on our site. Easy switching, doesn’t make the user re-navigate if they didn’t arrive at the home page.

Our feeds now also run via Feedburner for feed stats tracking. SonSpring has a helpful intro.

Last edited by simmerdesign (2006-12-06 16:37:52)

#9 2006-12-08 21:52:22

Robert L.

You are quite the Renaissance Man; a doctor who can – flawlessly – build his own website.
It looks great, congrats!

When I sit in front of my PC for fourteen hours straight, I get this nagging ache in my lower back. What could that be?

#10 2006-12-09 00:13:26

Alex McKee
Website

Good work, very nice indeed.
I appreciate the attention to detail.

Alex

#11 2006-12-12 13:27:09

simmerdesign
Website

Board footer