Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-09 15:20:03

Neko

New site

Here’s another site I made for a medium-sized company producing turned metal parts:

Daminelli

If the site’s a bit slow blame the almighty Barclay server, I did install Sencer’s cache plug-in and it is indeed helping a bit, but I’m considering moving the site to a new host. Other than Sencer’s one I also installed zem_contact_reborn.

The English version is still a little under construction (they need to translate some pages), while the German version is coming soon.

Comments, suggestions?

Last edited by Neko (2006-12-18 14:03:32)

#2 2006-12-09 16:18:50

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: New site

@neko, looking great.
Some of the productshots are of quite good quality ( Some of them almost look like Illustrator remakes, when you first look at them )
One strange thing though, when you click on the product Images, the LightBox always shows the same Image.

Which Approach did yo go for the languages ?
( I couldn’t get to see some pages, connection times out , thank Good , I’m not at Barkley anymore)

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2006-12-09 16:30:36

Neko

marios wrote:

Some of the productshots are of quite good quality ( Some of them almost look like Illustrator remakes, when you first look at them )

We had a very good photographer, who also did the shots you can see in the slideshow on top.

One strange thing though, when you click on the product Images, the LightBox always shows the same Image.

I don’t understand, can you please explain that again? Anyway, in the Lightboxes you should see Flash videos.

Which Approach did yo go for the languages ?

It’s “section/article-name”, with a few if_section, if_article_list, if_individual_article placed into a page per language. Like english/contacts where “english” is the section and “contacts” is the article.

( I couldn’t get to see some pages, connection times out , thank Good , I’m not at Barkley anymore)

Given the site’s in a kind of beta status I’m gonna wait until end of december, when they promised a system upgrade. If it will still suck I’ll move it to a different host.

#4 2006-12-09 16:49:55

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Could be a Safari specific problem. On Firefox 1.5 (Mac Os) it shows up fine. and the flash animation plays.
I can give you a screenshot if you want to.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#5 2006-12-09 18:05:32

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Awesome, really nice.

One question, why do the image popups have a right side scrollbar?

#6 2006-12-09 18:29:34

Neko

hcgtv wrote:

One question, why do the image popups have a right side scrollbar?

Dang! Good question. I was trying to fix it but couldn’t. I don’t like them too, gonna work on Thickbox a little bit more. :)

Uhm, why do you say “images”? Can’t you see/load those Flash movies?

#7 2006-12-09 18:38:24

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Neko wrote:

Uhm, why do you say “images”? Can’t you see/load those Flash movies?

Yes, I know they are Flash movies, but it felt strange saying Flash popups.

By the way, it’s a really nice touch to see the drawings filling in.

#8 2006-12-09 18:41:36

Neko

hcgtv wrote:

Yes, I know they are Flash movies, but it felt strange saying Flash popups.

Sorry :) I asked because Marios couldn’t see them, so I was a bit worried about compatibility. Thanks for the feedback.

Board footer