Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-28 19:10:44

ricoschette

Shifara Antique Gallery

I finished this website some while ago now, although my client haven’t had enough time to add all (or just a fraction of) the products.
Anyway, I wanted to show it to you: Shifara website (in russian and estonian as well)

There many things that are not done in my way, but as client wishes. Like those flags – some like them small, some bigger… and headlines. I’d prefer smaller font size.
And, just take a closer look on the left navigation. Browse to subcategory and open navigation (click on ‘+’) – you’ll see that you can browse only where you’re allowed to. Not exactly most comfortable … ( Like here )

I am not very happy with those changes, but what can I do :P

The product catalog is not supposed to be an online-shop, so you can’t buy online. Client wanted so. But one day maybe there’ll be online cart, too. We’ll see.

Textpattern is fully used and even using product catalog with tables it works nice.
Why tables? Not my choice. I’d have gone another way.

This site goes online some day in this year I think. They still have to add thousands of products…

Last edited by ricoschette (2006-12-07 20:14:54)

#2 2006-11-28 21:13:14

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Shifara Antique Gallery

Hey, you did a good job. Looks like a lot of work too.
Some interesting paintings in the gallery.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#3 2006-12-06 23:14:41

Robert L.

Do you have three different TXP installments (one for each language) for this site?
And do they fill the databases manually or have you figured out some clever mass-upload for them?

The site looks no-nonsense and works straightforward; the live search is very much needed with so many products. And when the client is happy, who are we to argue?

#4 2006-12-07 00:29:54

Neko

ricoschette wrote:

There many things that he has changed, like huge headlines etc. He’s very stubborn man and I just couldn’t convince him in some details. Like those flags…
And, just take a closer look on the left navigation. Browse to subcategory and open navigation (click on ‘+’) – you’ll see that you can browse only where you’re allowed to. Stupid isn’t it…

I know the kind, but the site is very nice anyway. Good job! :)

#5 2006-12-07 18:35:49

ricoschette

tnx a lot guys :)

yes, I have three installment for different languages. I mean at the moment there’s no textual information with the product. Just a picture. But they thought, when they’ll have some time in the future, there will be some information about the product next to picture as well. (hope you understood what I was trying to say :P )

so, when you want to add a new product, you have to add it in all three TXP installments. Takes some precious time, I know… :(

Last edited by ricoschette (2006-12-07 20:18:04)

Board footer