Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-23 15:21:36

Leewom

Ok, I broke it..............

Hey there ladies and gentlemen im gonna lay the cards down, spill my soul and admit im lost confused and lonely!

Ive tried to tackle the customisation myself and well just look – www.leewom.co.uk

HELP!

If you go here – www.leewom.co.uk/360/index.html you will see the type of layout I am looking to create (i nearly had wordpress doing it yesterday, but broke that too and had no idea to start fresh and my dad told me textpresent is great (i love what ive seen – but suffer from Anakin Skywalker Syndrome – I want to be able to do too much, too fast!)

If any of you know how I can get it to look how it did originally and then links to sites that can explain how it all works and how i can get in and change it – I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks for your time

Leewom ;)

#2 2006-11-23 17:22:58

Elenita
Website

Re: Ok, I broke it..............

First things first: welcome to Textpattern. :)

Second, a quick look at your source code shows the following in the head of your document:

<link rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” media=“screen” href=“http://www.leewom.co.uk/textpattern/css.php?s=default” /> <link href=“textpattern.css” rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” />

My guess is that you used both the <txp:css /> tag and the more traditional method of calling a stylesheet in your template—and you obviously only need one. The redundancy may be a big reason your site isn’t looking like you’d expect.

#3 2006-11-23 21:30:57

Leewom

Thankyou for the welcome!

And thankyou for your reply however, how would i fix this? I must admit I was using dreamweaver to see the css and editing it, but then cutting and pasting it into the window and I guess, the time i stupidly made loads of changes and copied the whole of the css – it went and died!

Is there a way to make the site exactly how it was and start again?

#4 2006-11-23 22:11:44

els

The default CSS is here.

#5 2006-12-04 23:51:13

Leewom

Somehow Ive really broken it so a few questions.

Is there a way to get the whole thing set up to normal on my webspace again, from online?

How do I make textpattern NOT the main thing on my webspace. I have a whole site i want to make with textpattern being just my blog, so I want to link form a front page/portal to my blog.

Ive tried to do it but well broke it.

I really do appreciate your time and help ladies and gentlemen. Just really want to get to grips with it, as its the only thing bothering me at the moment!

Leewom

www.leewom.co.uk

Board footer