Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#145 2006-10-27 00:42:03

placenamehere
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Just looking at moving some sites to 4.0.4 that include this plugin. Has any thought been put to using the new feed body callbacks to add tags in the feeds rather then using some of the more “hacky” file editing posted earlier on in the thread? Is it planned for a future update or should I start looking at doing that myself?

Last edited by placenamehere (2006-10-27 00:42:44)

Site: placenamehere.com
Microformat Plugin: pnh_mf

#146 2006-10-27 03:58:02

shanghai

When using the .htaccess below I get a Internal Server error, and when not using it I get “Documents not found, “http://domain.net/display/tag/bird”. I have changed the value form 0 to 1 in tru_tags, but still not working?

I am using this .htaccess:

#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /x

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

#This path should match the relative url of your Textpattern install
RewriteBase /x
#If you’re using a section other than “tag”, change the following two rules accordingly
RewriteRule ^tag/([^/]+)$ tag/$1/ [R,L]
RewriteRule ^tag/(.+)/$ ?s=tag&t=$1

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php </IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000
ExpiresByType image/png A2592000

#147 2006-10-30 12:57:47

Boby Dimitrov
Website

Any idea why:
txp:tru_tags_handler break=” “ setsizes=“0”

In testing mode and viewing domain.com/tag/sometag/ gives those errors:
tag_error <txp:tru_tags_handler break=” “ setsizes=“0” /> -> Textpattern Notice: unknown_attribute: break on line 582
tag_error <txp:tru_tags_handler break=” “ setsizes=“0” /> -> Textpattern Notice: unknown_attribute: setsizes on line 582

In the same time this does not give errors:
txp:tru_tag_cloud break=” “ setsizes=“0”

But it does not work properly – clicking a tag does not show the list of all articles with that tag.

Of course, using Live mode, instead of Testing, sorts the problem, but anyway…

#148 2006-11-13 02:41:30

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry for the long absence – I hadn’t realized that these posts were here. For some reason I didn’t get an email about them.

misterk – can you post your whole .htaccess file? Just showing a subset of it leads me to believe that it’s a problem with whatever other stuff you have in that file. I don’t really know a lot about how rewrite rules work, but the rules I came up with are meant to work on top of txp’s default rewrite rules, so if you’ve changed those I’m not sure what might be going wrong.

placenamehere – I haven’t really had a chance to look over the 4.0.4 code, but I will, for sure! If there’s a way to get tags into the RSS feeds, I’ll build it :) If you’ve started anything, please feel free to send it my way.

shanghai – your “RewriteBase /x” has me a little nervous – does your default url really look like “http://www.mysite.com/x” ??? I’d guess that the “x” either shouldn’t be there, or that you should have a trailing slash after it (“RewriteBase /x/”).

Boby – interesting find. To make sure I’m understanding correctly – in ‘Live’ mode you’re not having any problem, but in ‘Testing’ mode you are? I’ll dig into it.

#149 2006-11-13 13:30:00

placenamehere
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I just haven’t had any time.. i still have a plugin or two to finish checking on my own site… so I haven’t made any attempt to move the “hack” into your (or other plugin) but just migrated the hack to 4.0.4 like I have with a few other alterations.

Here’s where I saw the new atom_entry and rss_entry callbacks mentioned…

Textpattern 4.0.4 Secrets

Last edited by placenamehere (2006-11-13 13:30:30)

Site: placenamehere.com
Microformat Plugin: pnh_mf

#150 2006-11-13 21:19:54

merz1
Website

pnh: You have a typo in the signature (it’s http://placenamehere.com/TXP/pnh_mf/)

Nathan: Yes! Tags in feeds pleeeeeaaaase :)

I.e. Technorati is not fetching the tags from my site. They just take the excerpt or pure body and run … T. takes the atom feed categories as tags.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#151 2006-11-18 09:17:23

truist
Plugin Author
Website

All – just a quick update so you don’t lose hope. I’ve got tags in feeds working, and all the existing bugs fixed. (I discovered the cause of the issue where extra spaces were showing up between tags.) I’ve inspired myself to finally write the admin-side stuff also, so I haven’t released the new version yet. You can get an undocumented version (with the tags in the feeds) here, but it’s completely unsupported at this point. It should work for Technorati feeds.

If you do grab it, make sure to switch it on by editing the plugin, and you’ll probably want to create a form named “tru_tags_feed_tags” and put something like this in it:

<txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>
<h4 class=“tags”>filed under: <txp:tru_tags_from_article /></h4>
</txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>

That’s the last I’m going to say about this until I release tru_tags_2.0. Play around and see if you can figure it out :)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 12:01:32)

#152 2006-11-23 14:31:58

merz1
Website

Just checked the code. Did not install yet …

register_callback('tru_tags_atom_handler', 'atom_entry');
function tru_tags_atom_handler($event, $step) { return tru_tags_feed_handler(true); }
register_callback('tru_tags_rss_handler', 'rss_entry');
function tru_tags_rss_handler($event, $step) { return tru_tags_feed_handler(false); }

Last line: return false for rss is OK to get tags in RSS feeds?

Edit: Oh, my comment was a little fast. If I see it right you only produce tags for the atom feed right now?

I will check the new version on a production site when there is more time …

Last edited by merz1 (2006-11-23 14:38:17)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#153 2006-11-24 01:37:17

truist
Plugin Author
Website

The ‘false’ is correct – it’s my poor-man’s way of indicating whether the feed is Atom or RSS. Atom is ‘true’ and RSS is ‘false’.

#154 2006-12-04 18:08:40

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

truist wrote:

All – just a quick update so you don’t lose hope. I’ve got tags in feeds working, and all the existing bugs fixed.

I installed this update last night, and it seems to work fine. Nice work!

-Alan

#155 2006-12-05 13:28:17

merz1
Website

@Nathan: I installed and activated clean URLs and feed support. I am getting the folowing error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tru_tags_use_clean_urls() (previously declared in (…)/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code:10) in (…)/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code on line 7

Any idea?

Edit: Again, a very fast comment.

I see that when installing the 1.10 I get two versions of tru_tags in my plugin list:

tru_tags Nathan Arthur 1.9
tru_tags.tmp Nathan Arthur 1.10

Deactivating tru_tags 1.9 solved the problem. I simply did not see tru_tags.tmp 1.10.

Last edited by merz1 (2006-12-05 13:35:18)

#156 2006-12-05 13:59:58

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Oops! Apologies about that – I wrote a little “release” script for 1.10, and didn’t notice that it generated a plugin with a name of “tru_tags.tmp”. I’ll get that fixed when I officially release the next version.

..speaking of which, the next version will be 2.0. It’s essentially finished (but not online). I’m doing some final testing and I have a lot of documentation to update. From memory, it includes:

• Bug fixes
  • Clean URLs without .htaccess customization
  • Clickable tags on the admin side
  • Customizable tags in feeds (but still no tag-based feeds – that requires a TXP patch)
  • Changes to the configuration code
  • A few new cloud attributes (for limiting cloud size)
  • Minor performance improvements

There are a few more fancy features still lined up for future versions, but I figure that set is enough to justify the “2.0” moniker. I’ll get it out as quickly as I can :)

Board footer