Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-12-02 15:40:43

DigitalRealm
Website

Visitor Upload Help

Hey all,

I am working on a project of my own that deals with pets and I would like for visitors to the site to be able to upload an image when they fill out a form.

I am not very familiar with doing this and was wondering how I should go about it using Textpattern. I assume it will need to be done using PHP. I am curious to know if there are some easy ways to do this. The image would need to be uploaded to the database and given an ID, that image would then be associated to the appropriate article later on.

The articles will (I assume) be created manually by me and I will append the image to that article upon creation, unless there is a way that I can give the visitors the ability to create both the article and upload the image at the same time.

Any ideas on how you guys would tackle this? Just thoughts and ideas about it? Thanks!

#2 2006-12-02 17:03:24

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Visitor Upload Help

I’d try mem_self_register – it allows visitors to upload images and write articles.

#3 2006-12-02 18:04:50

DigitalRealm
Website

jm, does that plugin allow for that on the front side or the back side? I need visitors to be able to upload images from the front side, and if at all possible, without needing a log-in or an account.

#4 2006-12-02 23:10:34

jm
Plugin Author
Website

It creates a Textpattern user account for them, so they actuallly post articles from /textpattern/. I think there’s an anonymous upload plugin that works on the front end.

Board footer