Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-24 10:09:31

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

is searching 2 txp installations with one search field possible?

neme.org has 3 txp installations (2 with their own content and one-on the homepage- which uses simplepie to bring the latest entries from the installs). one in the /main directory and one in the imca/main subdomain. At the moment we use 2 search fields, one for each installation. Is it possible to have just one search field which can search both installs?

And the million dollar question. neme also has a PunBB forum installed. Is it possible to incorporate that with the search?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2006-11-24 17:13:49

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: is searching 2 txp installations with one search field possible?

colak, I faced a similar dilemma and went with Google AdSense for search.

It took a couple of months for my content to get totally spidered but now the search works great. I also looked at homegrown solutions but they used up a lot of my server’s resources to generate the search index.

#3 2006-11-25 07:36:55

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: is searching 2 txp installations with one search field possible?

bert
Thanks for that, I also thought of using 3rd party search utilities but as the content is changing almost daily, inevitably those will not work. Also as the site is non profit we are a bit skeptical with using AdSense or any other revenue generating programs (we are idiots… really!). I’m sure that there is a way to do it… At least with the txp sites… I just can’t seem to have nailed it yet.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer