Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-08-21 12:38:14

wordgasm
Website

Re: LxS Hit Tracker 0.9.07 Final Alpha!

How do I get rid of my own hits? o_0 thanks in advance :D

btw, i myself have “a fixed, unchanging, IP-address” just like what the previous commentor said

Last edited by wordgasm (2006-08-21 12:40:18)

#14 2006-09-28 23:54:37

kylelovesinblue

Hi, I’ve been using this plugin for about a month on two of my websites. When I view the logs tab for the first time after having logged in to textpattern’s backend I get this error message (the directory is shortened) appended above the tabs area:

<code>
Warning: Division by zero in …/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 1351
</code>

After the first time I view the logs page this error goes away, and does not seem to effect the functioning of the plugin or the website, so its not a huge deal, but I’m curious to know if there is a fix for this.

I have rss_admin_resize, rss_admin_show_adv_opts, bas_lightbox, asy_sitemap and ako_social installed in addition to the 3 hit tracking plugins.

Also, the Daily Hits Statistics graph seems to stop updating after 14 days from the date when the plugin is installed. For example on one site, I installed it on 8/29 and it displays the graphs up to 9/13 but nothing beyond this date even though it is collecting the hit information from the dates not displayed in the graph.

If anyone has any insights on these quirks I’d be really appreciative to hear them.

#15 2006-09-29 13:03:25

soulship
Website

As for the first issue, I think I have always had this error on first log view in conjunction with this plugin , but I do not see it again. As for the log collection time, that is admin adjustable under advanced preferences scoll down to the bottom under publish and you will see “expire logs after”. Just enter how many days you want to keep. It gets big fast though.

#16 2006-09-29 17:07:59

kylelovesinblue

Soulship, thank you for your reply.
I took a look at the expire logs setting, for both sites it was set for 15 days. I changed one to 20 to see if that will make any difference. Neither site has a lot of traffic at the moment, so hopefully there won’t be any kind of overload.

The strange part about the Daily Stats graph, but not the rest of the plugin is that the graph is only showing the first 14 days of activity since the plugin was installed, and nothing beyond that. So, starting from the day the plugin was installed it shows Day 1 through Day 14, but not Day 15 or anything beyond. The old days never expire to be replaced by new ones, its just stuck on those first 14. Weird… Anyway, its not a big deal, just some weird quirk. Thanks for the tips.

PS. That google map and hit tracking above looks pretty cool, I’ll be excited to have that available someday.

#17 2006-09-29 17:13:07

soulship
Website

I have switched most of the sites I manage to google analytics at this point, it keeps my db’s from getting crowded/overhead over log files and it’s much easier to check them all in one place. I still use this on two sites though and it works well for what it does.

#18 2006-11-25 05:51:38

Saigo
Website

I noticed that after upgrading to Textpattern 4.04, I am unable to view the names of ‘friends’ who had previously entered a comment on my site. Is there a way to make this work?

Board footer