Website

Re: gbp_permanent_links

Here is gbp_permanent_links version 0.9

New since v0.8:
  • New destination setting for overriding section’s page templates
  • New preference for omitting the trailing slash
  • Fix for failed redirects
  • Four new tags:
    • <txp:gbp_if_regex> conditional to check the value of regex components. Works exactly the same as <txp:if_custom_field>.
    • <txp:gbp_if_text> conditional to check the value of text components. Works exactly the same as <txp:if_custom_field>.
    • <txp:gbp_use_pagelink rule="id"> ... </txp:gbp_use_pagelink> forces the plugin to use a certain rule (id obtained from the build tab url)
    • <txp:gbp_disable_permlinks> ... </txp:gbp_disable_permlinks> will disable the plugin for everything between the tag. This can be used to fix the broken plugins.

So this should fix most of the problems reported. I hope.

@matthewwithanm, I will look in to your query string issue.

@osei, what exactly is the problem with Posted? What error do you get?

As always let me know of any problems. If you are able to please consider donating ;-)

Thanks

Last edited by graeme (2006-11-03 14:29:55)

#50 2006-11-03 15:08:27

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

It would seem recent changes to Textile on the forum broke my donation links! If you’ve tried donating but got a paypal error I’m sorry for not realising sooner. It’s been fixed now.

Thanks

#51 2006-11-09 20:23:10

LeeUmm
Website

I’ve been using this plugin fine, I now want to add some more rules to another site. I’m not too sure how to go about setting it up.

I have a few sections setup up and I’d like to use one main section and then have subsections. So the rule I’d like is section/section/title.

I have a members area which is a section. Then I have other sections like profiles, calendar etc. I’d like the url to look like /members/profiles/title

What’s the easiest and best method to do this, if possible?

#52 2006-11-10 12:59:08

bisk
Website

Works great, using /title as default and added for one section /section/title and /section/category for categories. Had to fix the search though, because of the query string issue. A search input with section=“search” used to result in the url /search/?q=keyword but became /index.php?q=keyword with your plugin enabled.

Thanks for the plugin.

Last edited by bisk (2006-11-10 13:00:54)

#53 2006-11-10 14:08:53

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

LeeUmm wrote:

I have a few sections setup up and I’d like to use one main section and then have subsections. So the rule I’d like is section/section/title.

I have a members area which is a section. Then I have other sections like profiles, calendar etc. I’d like the url to look like /members/profiles/title

What’s the easiest and best method to do this, if possible?

@Lee. I would use either a text or regexp component to match the members part of the url. Something like /text/section/title. And to make sure it is used by the members section use the Within section condition field.

@bisk. This is a know bug I hope to have time to fix it soon.

#54 2006-11-14 20:56:11

LeeUmm
Website

graeme wrote:

@Lee. I would use either a text or regexp component to match the members part of the url. Something like /text/section/title. And to make sure it is used by the members section use the Within section condition field.

I’m just getting around to doing this now as I’ve been pretty busy. I’m having problems with it though as every rule I try and setup returns a 404 error when trying to view my url scheme.

To recap. I have a members section. I also have 3 other sections that I’d like to look as if they are sub sections of the members area. That is the url would look like /members/section. The sections are as follows: profile, calendar, members-contact-info.

I’ve tried setting up a plain text rule within the profile section to look like text/section/title which translates to members/profile/title but it gives me a 404 error. I’ve also made sure the rule only applies within the profile section. I’ve also tried some other methods and still no luck.

Could you maybe try and see if you can get sub sections working yourself and let me know the code if you had any luck? I’d prefer a regex pattern if possible so I could have just one rule for all 3 urls but I’m not sure if that’s possible as I may have to set the rule to apply within each certain section.

#55 2006-11-16 16:31:54

onedeep
Website

I am new to TextPattern, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious, but I am having a problem with this plugin.

I have the basic rule of section/category/title going, and that works fine. My main navigation is being built with with the section_list tag. My problem is that when I get into a category, and then go to click on a link in my main navigation, the category I am currently in is being appended to ALL of the links, except Home. This presents an obvious problem, as my categories don’t really crossover between sections.

Basically, I need a way to not apply this rule to the main navigation. I am assuming section_list is the right way to do it, but perhaps that is my mistake? Any advice would be appreciated.

#56 2006-11-22 22:44:59

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Guys, I’ve been busy with work recently sorry for not getting back to you until now.

@Lee

I will give it a try this weekend. I think there is probably something not quite right with the plugin here… I will try to fix it or come up with some sort of solution for you by Monday.

@Sean

You can use <txp:gbp_disable_permlinks></txp:gbp_disable_permlinks> to disable the plugin for any code in between the tags. That shoudl work let me know if it doesn’t.

Thanks.

#57 2006-11-23 03:26:26

LeeUmm
Website

Hey thanks a lot. No worries on time. I realize this isn’t your problem, I just figured you’d know the plugin better than me.

#58 2006-11-24 21:47:29

minimal design

not exactky sure what I’m doing wrong, the documentation is prety sparse too :P

It works on section and categories, but whenever I go to articles, I get something like that:

tag_error <txp:title no_widow="0" /> -> Textpattern Notice: error_article_context on line 1821 tag_error <txp:body/> -> Textpattern Notice: error_article_context on line 1821 tag_error <txp:if_comments> -> Textpattern Notice: error_article_context on line 1821

That’s with the default rule when you create the 1st one: section/category/article/ and Txp 4.0.4

Any idea? Thanks!

#59 2006-11-24 22:40:43

onedeep
Website

graeme:

Thanks, that fixed it.

#60 2006-11-27 23:43:53

hakjoon
Website

I’m getting the error_article_context message on article pages now too.

I’m also getting this notice in debugging mode.

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 546

Which is in the callback_event() function. Not there in Live mode but thought it might be of interest.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

Board footer