1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#637 2006-11-20 00:34:01

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Did those two tests occur within 10 minutes?
I couldn’t reproduce it on your website, so I suspect it was a cached page from a previous version.

Last edited by ruud (2006-11-20 00:38:05)

#638 2006-11-20 01:29:37

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

ruud wrote:

Did those two tests occur within 10 minutes?
I couldn’t reproduce it on your website, so I suspect it was a cached page from a previous version.

Hmm, I don’t think so. And I just tried again, had the same experience (with Camino, default browser, same as previous tests). Aggressive caching in Gecko?
But if I try with another browser (FX 2.0), no problems. As I didn’t used that one browser in the past two weeks, it didn’t have any cached file of course.

PS – did you actually send a message ? If so, I didn’t receive it.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#639 2006-11-20 08:06:52

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

I didn’t send any message. All the nonce checking (‘expired’ and ‘already used’ errors) happen before the form itself is parsed for valid content. What you could try in Camino is look at the HTML source, write down the nonce value. That should be different each time you visit the contact page. In Firefox, the only time this doesn’t happen is if I use the back button… and even that should not be possible for more than 10 minutes (page is set to expire after 10 minutes).

#640 2006-11-20 08:52:38

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

ruud wrote:

I didn’t send any message. All the nonce checking (‘expired’ and ‘already used’ errors) happen before the form itself is parsed for valid content. What you could try in Camino is look at the HTML source, write down the nonce value. That should be different each time you visit the contact page. In Firefox, the only time this doesn’t happen is if I use the back button… and even that should not be possible for more than 10 minutes (page is set to expire after 10 minutes).

Hmm, me thinks I need to make a quick visit to Bugzilla. Your comment somehow light a bulb about a little bug with caching I remember seeing recently (doesn’t affect the release build – Firefox 2.0, only recent trunk builds, my Camino build is never older than 24 hours).

——
That aside, this latest version seems to perform quite well.
One nitpick (really). The output in the email client contains double linebreaks between the [subject], [Name], [Email] lines (in that basic form of mines). Was that done on purpose ? I’d prefer to see one linebreak only.
Next on my to-do: test that code with non-roman text (Japanese). I had once written a longish post on the subject in this thread (can’t find it, right now, 60+ pages …).You might have seen it.

Thnaks for your hard work on this, btw.

Ah, I found it now: it is here.

Last edited by phiw13 (2006-11-20 08:58:06)

#641 2006-11-20 10:22:00

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

The double linebreak is to improve readability. If all form fields would fit on a single line, this would not be needed, but multiline form fields make it too hard to see the difference between form fields if there’s no blank line in between.

I’m very interested in the results of your TO-DO.
1. the subject is now mime-encoded if it contains non-us-ascii characters.
2. if the label is not a valid name/id, it is encoded (variation on base64 or md5) to make it valid.
3. this was a bug in TXP4.0.3 that treated all plugin code as ISO-8599-1 when displaying it in the edit window. Fixed in 4.0.4

#642 2006-11-20 13:03:09

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

ruud wrote:

I’m very interested in the results of your TO-DO.
[snip]

Ok, on a basic test, with a form in Japanese, everything works nicely. Subject in Japanese, Labels around the Japanese text, translated messages in zem_contact_lang.

Nice.

I’ve only tested this from Mac to Mac (4 browsers, 2 email clients), ‘cuz, you know, it is getting late here, right now.

#643 2006-11-20 16:35:18

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

ruud,

I’d love to start testing this but I’m getting a bit lost following this thread.

How about starting a new thread, where you can update the first post whenever a new version comes out?

Thanks.

#644 2006-11-20 17:57:18

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

I’ll do that later tonight, when I’ve gathered a list of changes and things to watch out for when upgrading.

#645 2006-11-20 19:07:37

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

#646 2007-01-14 17:50:11

ellen

Hello,

Using the zem_contact_reborn plugin I’ve come across the following problem:
A part of the form (containing several input fields) appears four times and each time it is repeated, the input fields ought to have the same label. So I decided to give each of them a different name attribute consisting in the label name and a number (e.g. name=“Age2” name =“Age3” … label=“Age”). What happened is that the form is mailed with the information from fieldset 1 but lacks the information of fieldsets 2-4. I’ve tried to alter the labels of fieldset 2 and this time it is mailed, too. Since I need to have the same labels in all 4 fieldsets I wonder if there is a way to make the plugin deal with the name attributes instead of the labels????
If not, I’d be grateful for suggestions…

Kind regards,

Ellen B.

#647 2007-01-14 18:04:18

luthier

I have installed zem_contact_reborn on two sites. The first site worked perfectly. Thank you everyone involved in this!

However, the second site just does not work. For some reason every time I submit the form I get the error:
We do not accept spam, thank you!
and the email is never received.

I have the following plugins installed (and activated): – zem_contact_reborn – pap_contact_cleaner – zem_contact_lang
as well as… – stw_category_tree – zem_link

Site url: radfordsda.org/contact
The site with the working version: janlevinart.com/contact/

Last edited by luthier (2007-01-14 18:06:29)

#648 2007-01-14 19:43:21

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Ellen, interesting problem. It doesn’t work at the moment because the form values are stored based on Label instead of Name. I’ll try to fix that in zem_contact_reborn version 4.0.3.19 if you’re willing to test the development version that solves this problem. Send me an email and I’ll email you the updated plugin when I’ve made the necessary changes.

luthier, try disabling pap_contact_cleaner and/or disable the feature in your browser that automatically fills out form fields.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer