You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-17 17:13:19

tmacwrig
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Flat Hat News - Official Student Newspaper of W&M

Just finished / launched last night

The Flat Hat

Uses plenty of plugins & tricks, just look around and you’ll see a few (archives, search, front page layout, etc.) Now if only Google would index it soon…

#2 2006-11-17 17:29:05

maniqui
Website

Re: Flat Hat News - Official Student Newspaper of W&M

Nice job. It looks like a newspaper! I like it.

Now if only Google would index it soon…

Wont it help to speed up Google indexation if you use the Google Sitemaps and the plug-in created by Sencer?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2006-11-17 17:51:35

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

I love it!

You should look at advertising (I don’t know how large your school is, but maybe there are local student organization and other concerns who would want to advertise)

Also, you should work on making the “front pages” for the sections more dynamic and feel like a full section….(photos among the leaders, for instance)

#4 2006-11-17 18:23:34

tmacwrig
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@maniqui – working on it. Sencer’s plugin is nice, but I don’t want to risk having a site outage in the middle of the day. Working on pinging various places, submitting & confirming to google & yahoo. Google has crawled most of the site, but it’s not in the index yet.

@walker – thanks! advertising is on the way, it takes quite a while to get the accounting side done with the school, as soon as that’s done, it’ll be google-ad’ed.
And nicer section pages are also a future change – the way it’s set up right now they’ll be pretty easy to implement, but with the short turnaround that was deferred.

Board footer