Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-16 04:34:00

selfishsteam

CSS dropped in prev/next articles

The page/article in question:
http://www.selfish-steam.com/baristocracy

Problem is my prev/next articles seem to work fine except that they use the default style instead of the ‘baristastyle’ that they’re supposed to.

I have made sure the ‘baristocracy’ section is set up to use the appropriate style. I have linked the actual style sheet wherever I can to make it work. It even flashes the desired style for a split second before it reverts to the default.

When I look at the code for any previous article, the correct style is linked. However, in that same code there is also a link to my default style (right after the ‘posted’ code). I am sure this is why the default style is showing up, but how to get rid of it? I am sure there is something simple I am overlooking.

Thanks for any help!

#2 2006-11-16 04:52:50

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Re: CSS dropped in prev/next articles

Have you checked all the page templates and the forms for the <link />?

#3 2006-11-16 05:21:09

selfishsteam

I found that when I took the stylesheet link out of my comments_display form, the style problem was indeed fixed! Thank you.

However, now I see another problem I overlooked, which is that my previous entries have the comment form and such, as you can see.

I’m sure I’ve got something fundamentally wrong here now, but probably an easy fix, like my other problem. Thanks again, and in advance if you can help!

#4 2006-11-16 05:56:11

jm
Plugin Author
Website

To get the comments form on all entries, go to Admin>Prefs and set “Automatically append comments to articles?” to no. Then at the bottom of your article form type in <txp:output_form form="comments_display" />. That will display the comments and comment form with each entry, even if it’s on a section frontpage. I’ve gotten into the habit of turning that off with every TXP install, since it lets you go wild with <txp:article /> :).

Last edited by jm (2006-11-16 05:58:07)

#5 2006-11-16 18:15:20

selfishsteam

Thank you you’ve solved it again! I figured it would be something simple like that. Much appreciated!

Board footer