Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-14 03:18:22

Sak
Website

Article image thumbs running into next article on lists.

Hey everyone,

I’m having a bit of trouble with article_image and the thumbs. If I have a very short excerpt, that doesn’t go beyond the height of the thumbnail image, the thumbnail overlaps into the next article.

The article form looks like this:

<h2><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></h2>

<span class=“small”>
<txp:posted format=”%m.%d.%y %R” gmt=“0” /><br />
Section: <txp:section link=“y” title=“1” />
Categories: <txp:category1 link=“y” title=“1” this_section=“0” />, <txp:category2 link=“y” title=“1” this_section=“0” /></span>

<txp:if_article_list> <txp:if_excerpt> <p> <txp:article_image align=“left” thumbnail=“1” class=“article_thumb” /></p> <txp:excerpt /> <txp:permlink>Read More…</txp:permlink> <txp:if_comments> <span class=“small”> [<txp:comments_count />] Comments</span> </txp:if_comments> <txp:else /> <txp:article_image align=“left” thumbnail=“1” class=“article_thumb” /> <txp:body /> <txp:if_comments> <span class=“small”> [<txp:comments_count />] Comments<br /></span> <txp:permlink>Read More…</txp:permlink> </txp:if_comments> </txp:if_excerpt>
<txp:else /> <p> <txp:article_image align=“left” thumbnail=“1” class=“article_thumb” /> <txp:excerpt /> </p> <txp:body /> <p align=“center”> <txp:article_image /></p> <txp:output_form form=“cclicense” /> <txp:if_comments> <span class=“small”> [<txp:comments_count />] Comments<br /></span> <txp:permlink>Read More…</txp:permlink> </txp:if_comments>
</txp:if_article_list>

<txp:if_last_article>
<txp:else />
<div id=“divider”></div>
</txp:if_last_article>

Here’s the style for the image_thumb:

.article_thumb { margin: 0 10px 0 0;
}

Here’s what it looks like in play:

http://sak.102010.org/

I don’t know if there’s something I’m missing about how the thumbnails are supposed to be rendered in a short article list like this, along side an excerpt, or if I messed up the code somewhere. I’ve tried a number of things over the course of the last several hours, and unfortunately I’ve gone blind to what I’m doing at this point. I’m hoping that another set of eyes on the problem might offer me some new direction.

Feel free to issue an appropriate slap if it’s a bonehead thing. I’m okay with that.

Thanks,
Sak.

#2 2006-11-14 09:32:04

ricetxp
Website

Re: Article image thumbs running into next article on lists.

Hi Sak

Try adding clear: left; to your #divider element in your stylesheet.

#divider { margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; border-top: 1px dashed #999; clear: left;
}

Last edited by ricetxp (2006-11-14 09:34:18)

#3 2006-11-14 18:22:25

Sak
Website

Re: Article image thumbs running into next article on lists.

Wonderful! I had tried removing and repositioning the divider div with no luck. I hadn’t even thought of modifying it’s style. Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look.

Thanks,
Sak.

Board footer