Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-08 23:21:46

adr
Website

rendering bug?

I’m having a problem with the way my site renders under Safari. I’m certain that I haven’t changed anything about the site’s content or code.

A few weeks ago, I upgraded the site to TXP 4.0.4. I noticed a small problem with DIV widths in Safari, just after I made my first edits to the site. I fixed that with a little workaround. I couldn’t figure out why the bug had suddenly appeared, but I did manage to make it go away, and I went on to more pressing matters.

Then this week, I’ve started seeing a more serious rendering problem, which is visible in Safari 2.0.4 on just about all the inside pages:

http://davidramos.org/thesis/about/

http://davidramos.org/thesis/waterpower

There are DIVs that just aren’t getting rendered. The site works fine in Camino and (excepting a block-level-width issue I keep forgetting to fix) fine in MSIE. It breaks in OmniWeb. The crazy thing is, I swear that I haven’t changed anything. I checked my CSS files against archived copies: there’s not a single character out of place. Nor have I modified the site’s contents. The process of elimination leaves only a database problem, a TXP bug, or a problem with my local copy of WebKit.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.

[edit: corrected URL (nice catch hakjoon)]

Last edited by adr (2006-11-09 00:16:25)

#2 2006-11-08 23:38:02

hakjoon
Website

Re: rendering bug?

/thesis/waterpower/ is looking the same to me in Camino and Safari.

The /About/ page (should it be /thesis/about?) is showing everything but the content is all the way at the top of the page instead of below the line.

BTW nice site.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#3 2006-11-09 04:38:06

adr
Website

Re: rendering bug?

Aha! Found the problem. Safari does not like CSS statements that contain comments within the braces.

I still have no idea why it showed up two weeks after I last changed the site. It might be a cache issue. A very very strange cache issue.

Thank you for confirming the problem, and for the compliment.

Board footer