Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-11-03 10:27:19

khaled

TXP Admin Panel

Hello all,

I’ve been a wordpress user for a few years now, however I’ve got a bit of an itch to scratch when it comes to admin panels (www.brokenkode.com/shuttle).

I’ve been playing around with TXP for a few days now and really like what you guys have done. There are a couple of things I think that could use some work, however I’m not completely sure how I would go about adding to the project.

Would the best way be to create a plugin that skins the admin panel, or can I contribute to the core code in a different way?

Avid blogger and Graphic Novel Nut
Broken Kode | Personal
Splash Panel | Graphic Novel Reviews

#2 2006-11-03 11:01:40

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: TXP Admin Panel

Hi khaled, welcome to the community

Either plugin or suggesting snippets for the core code should be ok.

Note that a plugin would possibly be easier as its compatibility/popularity/etc can be tested by users before it becomes a permanent feature. Many plugin functionalities have made it to the core through the years.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2006-11-03 11:18:04

khaled

Hmm, interesting. Quick question then, has skinning the actual admin panel been attempted before? I’m a pretty long way from actually getting down and dirty with the code, as I’d still be working on the mockups first and share them with everyone first feedback etc.

The good thing about me coming into this cold is that I can imagine by playing with it what’s missing based on what I haven’t understood straight away (as I’ve not got the background of having used it for years etc).

Broken Kode | Personal

#4 2006-11-03 12:06:01

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Yes, it has come up before. Some users have started collecting the related informations in Textbook:
http://textbook.textpattern.net/wiki/index.php?title=Textpattern_Admin_Side_Redevelopment I haven’t read it yet, so I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the information. The threads that are linked to from there, should give you an idea on the ideas and efforts so far.

#5 2006-11-03 12:24:51

khaled

Very cool, it’s nice to see Shuttle is included in the list :). As this is something that’s on people’s mind as well, I’ll go about and have some fun with this and then post what I’ve come up with. Hopefully those mockups should drum up some interest from more people to implement changes etc. Should be fun :).

Broken Kode | Personal

Board footer