Re: gbp_permanent_links

jonhicks wrote:

Thanks Graeme – all working great!

Ditto. Thanks heaps Graeme!

#26 2006-10-12 05:38:47

LeeUmm
Website

Well I played around with it some more and waited to see any bug reports in here before moving my live site over to it from your old plugin, and everything works great. Thanks again for this wonderful plugin.

It’s a lot easier to use and setup schemes. I love how all the standard txp tags now work without having to use your old custom ones for the older plugin. The search results also bring back the correct urls as well, something I never got the old one to do.

Awesome.

#27 2006-10-12 19:21:11

els

This is a great plugin, and if others can get it to work exactly as they want I’m sure I will some day ;) But at the moment I have two questions:

1. I set up two permanent links, one /section/title for one particular section, and the other is /section/category/title for the other sections. This is working fine. But… when I’m on a section page or an individual article page, all my category links generated by <txp:category_list /> and <txp:category1 link="1" /> change to /section/. Why is that?

2. Is it only possible to create permanent links for articles? Because I tried to set up /section/category/ for category pages, and when I manually type in the url it goes to the right page, but it doesn’t change the links that are generated by TXP tags, they remain /category/category-name. I suppose this has something to do with my still not fully understanding the ‘forward’ and ‘redirect’ options…? Do I have to enter something there?

#28 2006-10-12 19:33:37

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Els wrote:

This is a great plugin, and if others can get it to work exactly as they want I’m sure I will some day ;) But at the moment I have two questions:

1. I set up two permanent links, one /section/title for one particular section, and the other is /section/category/title for the other sections. This is working fine. But… when I’m on a section page or an individual article page, all my category links generated by <txp:category_list /> and <txp:category1 link="1" /> change to /section/. Why is that?

2. Is it only possible to create permanent links for articles? Because I tried to set up /section/category/ for category pages, and when I manually type in the url it goes to the right page, but it doesn’t change the links that are generated by TXP tags, they remain /category/category-name. I suppose this has something to do with my still not fully understanding the ‘forward’ and ‘redirect’ options…? Do I have to enter something there?

I have already fixed both these issues. There are related to the bug Aeron reported. I just need some time to do more testing to make sure it doesn’t break anything. Tomorrow.

You don’t need to use the ‘forward’ and ‘redirect’ options. They are only useful you want more control over which rule is used within certain sections or categories.

#29 2006-10-12 19:36:32

els

Thanks! :)

#30 2006-10-16 07:12:40

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

gbp_permanent_links v0.8

This release includes bug fixes when dealing with conditions rules which were reported by Els.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone has left here.

#31 2006-10-18 10:26:46

andrea
Website

i was using nck_olm but got all kinds of errors when i upgraded to 4.0.4. – i’m so glad i found this.

one thing: the comments_invite tag outputs as the general site url (i.e. url.com/journal) vs. what it normally does (i.e. url.com/?parentid=506). do you know why this is happening?

thanks so much!

Last edited by andrea (2006-10-18 12:04:29)

#32 2006-10-18 15:38:03

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

andrea wrote:

one thing: the comments_invite tag outputs as the general site url (i.e. url.com/journal) vs. what it normally does (i.e. url.com/?parentid=506). do you know why this is happening?

I can’t reproduce – this it is working fine for me. Are you able to email me the debugging output? As described here

Thanks

#33 2006-10-18 20:16:26

andrea
Website

oops, figured it out i think. user error, sorry. if i delete the permanent links rule i created but keep the plugin active, then the comment link in my posts work fine. later tonight i’ll figure out what i did wrong with my rule. thanks.

#34 2006-10-19 00:31:07

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

andrea wrote:

oops, figured it out i think. user error, sorry. if i delete the permanent links rule i created but keep the plugin active, then the comment link in my posts work fine. later tonight i’ll figure out what i did wrong with my rule. thanks.

It might still be a plugin error. Would you try reinstating the rule and send me the debugging info.

#35 2006-10-19 09:42:37

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

If it is too hard to include also image categories in the admin interface (see my previous post in this thread) may I suggest that you can let the user manually modify a rule that has been created?

I mean: I could use the articles categories to write a rule. Then manually edit the rule to change the categories to use image cats instead. This would free you from making the image cats appear in the drop-down lists.

What do you think?

Z-

#36 2006-10-22 17:17:18

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Graeme – This is fantastic work! I do have one question though. Do you plan to introduce the Page Template override to this plugin that you have in gbp_faux_static? It’s the one piece that’s missing for me…

Thanks!

Board footer