Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-10-16 16:23:56

oddcarl

Template Question

I’m I correct to assume, to change templates, each one requires you to cut and paste the different items, forms, sections, css etc. and each theme’s instructions are slightly different?

Also, is there a summarized set of instructions? vs. the one’s that come with each theme?

Thanks…

#2 2006-10-17 00:05:42

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Template Question

Yes, each is slightly different in that we don’t have true theming yet. The idea is basically the same though: copy the pages and forms, etc. Some are just different stylesheets, so they are very quick and easy to install. Others might include images, so they take a little longer, but usually aren’t more difficult to install.

If a set has instructions it will 9/10 accompany the set. If you run into problems the Packaged Designs forum is available for questions, etc. :)

#3 2006-10-17 00:22:06

oddcarl

Re: Template Question

Thanks Mary. The Packaged Designs Forum is a lot of help. Yes, I streamlined the very verbose install instructions that came with the themes down to a few words and that really helped. (I’m lazy to read a lot) LOL.

I love TXP’s small install and fast processing of posts etc. Sure beats those systems that take 45 minutes to FTP.

Board footer