Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-10-10 14:28:51

Gallex

Excerpt always displays?

what’s wrong with this default form that it displays me excerpt again instead of body when I click on article permlink ?

bc..<h3><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></h3>
<h3><txp:posted /> by <txp:author /></h3>
<txp:if_excerpt>
<txp:excerpt />
<p class=“meta”><txp:permlink>Loe edasi…</txp:permlink> – <txp:comments_invite /> – posted <txp:posted /> in <txp:category1 link=“y” /> <txp:category2 link=“y” /></p>
<txp:else />
<txp:body />
<p class=“meta”><txp:comments_invite /> – posted <txp:posted /> in <txp:category1 link=“y” /> <txp:category2 link=“y” /></p>
</txp:if_excerpt>

(Edit: updated thread subject. -Mary)

Last edited by Mary (2006-10-10 15:26:16)

#2 2006-10-10 15:25:34

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Excerpt always displays?

You can help yourself by trying to write meaningful thread subjects so we can tell what you’re after. :)

It is because you’re telling it to display the excerpt if it exists, that’s what if_excerpt does. What you want to use is if_individual_article / if_article_list instead.

Last edited by Mary (2006-10-10 15:27:08)

#3 2006-10-11 13:02:49

Gallex

Re: Excerpt always displays?

Mary wrote:

You can help yourself by trying to write meaningful thread subjects so we can tell what you’re after. :)

Ill try better next time :)

It is because you’re telling it to display the excerpt if it exists, that’s what if_excerpt does. What you want to use is if_individual_article / if_article_list instead.

I did like this:

bc..<txp:if_article_list>
<txp:if_excerpt>
<txp:excerpt />
<p class=“meta”><txp:permlink>Loe edasi…</txp:permlink> – <txp:comments_invite /> – posted <txp:posted /> in <txp:category1 link=“y” /> <txp:category2 link=“y” /></p>
<p class=“meta”><txp:comments_invite /> – posted <txp:posted /> in <txp:category1 link=“y” /> <txp:category2 link=“y” /></p>
</txp:if_excerpt>
</txp:if_article_list>

and it works like I wanted. thanks for a tip!

Board footer