Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2006-03-15 15:35:17

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] glx_admin_image_resize

I’ve managed to have the plugin work.

I now have a problem. Whit the plugin active, I can’t resize the thumbnail using the original txt commands. They are in page, but have no effect. Do the plugin override the standards txp thumbnail creation?

Can I create with the plugin a horizontal thumb for a vertical image (this need for consistance with other thumbs, by cropping the vertical image in the thumb: I can’t do it with the plugin).

Thanks

Z-

#38 2006-03-16 21:03:32

bluelena69

I am running the latest stable TXP on IIS. All is well with the exception of thumbnail creation. I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in D:\www\GAD_Site\tp\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 199

I have uncommented the “gd” extension in my php.ini file. Any other ideas?

Thanks

“He has emotional problems. We need a new American President…”

—Hugo Chavez

#39 2006-03-22 08:14:11

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

@ma_smith: i try to find it out. maybe its possible if i make another uploadfield available for upload via the plugin.

@bluelena69: uncommenting the gd-libraries dont make it available if the extension is not compiled. i dont know if thats the case in you configuration. the error-message is the message that you get without gd, so gd is not available at your system.

@zanza: the plugin interferes with the original txp-functionality. i try to fix some of them. your question with the vertical and horizontal thumbnails dont fit into my small brain ;) what exactly is your question? is it about the direction of the image?

@masa: that seems to be an bug, i will try to fix it.

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

#40 2006-03-22 13:30:26

squaredeye
Website

graumeister,
It would great to get your read on what is happening with the push for new image functionality here and here

Let me know what you think?

#41 2006-03-23 18:37:19

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

graumeister wrote:
@zanza: the plugin interferes with the original txp-functionality. i try to fix some of them. your question with the vertical and horizontal thumbnails dont fit into my small brain ;) what exactly is your question? is it about the direction of the image?

Hello graumeister.

Suppose I import with aba_image_import a group of 10 images. That plugin automatically create all the thumbnails. 8 of 10 images are 4:3, horizontally oriented (like a landscape), and the thumbnails are created according that proportion. 2 of 10 are 3:4, vertically oriented (like a portrait), and the thumbnails are created according that proportion.

When I list all the thubnail on site, I want all the thumb be of the same size and orientation. So I need to change the thumbnail of the 2 of 10 images I imported. With the original txp function I used to assign the new size both horizontally and vertically, and check the “crop” function. That cropped a little portion of the image on top and on bottom, and gave me the thumbnail in the landscape orientation.

Now, I still haven’t managed to do this with your plugin, and I can’t use anymore the original txp function. This is for a client, so I can’t say him “please temporary disable that plugin…”.

There is a way to do what I need with your plugin? Thank you for any hint!

Bye!

Z-

#42 2006-04-14 18:14:16

jamiew
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve discovered a quirky behavior with this wonderful plugin: I would resize an image, the thumb would show up fine, and then I would compulsively press “Save” thinking it needed that to stick, or because I’d changed the name or caption or something… well, on submitting the Save it will resize the image again, forgetting the settings I’d used before!! My fresh thumbnail would magically disappear

#43 2006-06-10 18:27:34

maniqui
Website

jamiew wrote:

I’ve discovered a quirky behavior with this wonderful plugin: I would resize an image, the thumb would show up fine, and then I would compulsively press “Save” thinking it needed that to stick, or because I’d changed the name or caption or something… well, on submitting the Save it will resize the image again, forgetting the settings I’d used before!! My fresh thumbnail would magically disappear

I come to report exactly the same behaviour. Each time I want to modify something in the image (caption, alt text, etc), the thumbnail is regenerated and I loose my original thumbnail.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#44 2006-06-10 19:09:16

lee

Me 2, I just noticed this yesterday. Any chance of a fix? Thanks, Lee.

#45 2006-08-20 16:36:55

lukepermsn
Website

two things would be really nice with this plug-in:

1) Next / Previous links when viewing images, so that one can just jump to the next without having to return to the image list and trying to find where you are… (i have about 200 images in the library!)

2) To be able to automagically resize and generate thumbnail for a batch of images – category driven would be nice

I used ‘fpx_image_import’ to import a bunch of image folders, but now have to go through and manually generate all the thumbnails! whaaaa!! :’(

:D

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own” – Bruce Lee

#46 2006-08-21 07:07:24

TNT
Website

@ lukepermsn

I’m using nhn_image_import, with which you can upload your pre-created thumbnails. Just save them with <code>thumb-</code> before the filename, and the plugin will know which thumbnail belongs to which image.

I thought fpx_image_import had the same functionality?

Prrrrrrrr

#47 2006-08-21 08:03:16

lukepermsn
Website

ahh cool… will try that.

L.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own” – Bruce Lee

#48 2006-08-23 01:47:21

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

hi all,

the following todos are on the list for this plugin:

• handling of gif- and png-graphics
  • next-prev-links
  • separation of cropping and native imagefunctions (the quirky behaviour mentioned above)

but first it has to be prepared for txp4.0.4 i guess…

if you have any suggestions or other featurewishes please comment on this thread or <a href=“http://kollitsch.de”>contact me directly</a>.

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

Board footer