Textpattern CMS support forum
I can’t tell you how important this plugin is for my site now. Great, amazing, super-important.
The only thing that bugs me is the “Article link now links directly to the latest comment” bit. Seems that the very next link in the list links to the latest comment, and the article link should link to the article. If only there was maybe some parameter to switch this back to the previous functionality, my life would be perfect.
The thing is that in an comment-oriented blog (as I like to think of my site), your plugin’s output tends to become a dominant navigational aparatus. That being the case, linking the article name to the recent comment starts to be counter-intuitive..
Last edited by alesh (2006-08-08 01:25:16)
Yes, I have tried turning it off and on.
- From: tuvalahiti
- Registered: 2004-04-22
- Posts: 741
I think alesh is right
just change the line
<code> $item = href($Title.’ (‘.$ncomments.’)’, permlinkurl_id($parentid).’#c’.$lastcomm);</code>
<code> $item = href($Title.’ (‘.$ncomments.’)’, permlinkurl_id($parentid));</code>
then the plugin will link with the title to the article, with the commenters to the single comment :)
- Plugin Author
- From: Valencia, Spain
- Registered: 2005-05-16
- Posts: 485
Updated to version 0.5:
Added ‘category’, ‘autocategory’, ‘linktoarticle’ and ‘commentscount’ parameters:
- category = Restrict comments by this category. You can specify various categories separated by “,”.
- autocategory = Set to ‘y’ to autoselect comments based on the category being displayed. Not valid inside an article page. Default: “n”
- linktoarticle = ‘y’=article link links to article. ‘n’=article link links to latest comment. Default: ‘n’
- commentscount = Set to ‘n’ to not show comments count. Default: ‘y’
- Archived Plugin Author
- Registered: 2005-03-12
- Posts: 1,253
Hi, little late here.
This looks usefull.
Would it be possible, to add the following three things to the plugin?:
- Option, not to display a commenters name more than once, for all instances.
- Option, to link the commenters names to thir domains
- Option to suppress the comment text output
Last edited by marios (2007-03-31 23:08:44)
⌃ ⇧ < ⎋ ⌃ ⇧ >
I still like this plugin very much. Today I discovered, that this plugin does not check for the status of an article.
When I change the status from live to hideen in an article, which was recently commented, then the plugin will still display the link to the article in the recent comments list. Clicking on the link results in a error 404.