Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-04-27 16:12:51

soulship
Website

[request] PLUGIN REQUEST: MooShow JS Gallery style slide show

I have been piddling around trying to frankenstien a plugin together for about two weeks based on MooShow . A very sweet lightweight gallery script that resizes to fit the image being displayed. I have gotten close, but I keep blowing it up and now I don’t have a lot of time laying around so I have to cry uncle and give it up. I was trying to keep it basic and build a category array to plug-in to the mooshow script. I give up, but maybe someone who can code more effiecintly than I (read: not very, not very at all) can pull something magical out of their hat. Anybody want to try?

#2 2006-04-27 21:14:49

TNT
Website

Re: [request] PLUGIN REQUEST: MooShow JS Gallery style slide show

I don’t know any JS-coding, but I too would be very interested in such a plugin. MooShow looks great!

Prrrrrrrr

#3 2006-04-29 15:18:43

rui

TNT wrote:

I don’t know any JS-coding, but I too would be very interested in such a plugin. MooShow looks great!

Me too…
MooShow it’s a very nice looking way to display images.

All the Best,
rui

#4 2006-07-04 21:54:21

guiguibonbon

Ok, old thread, but wanted to do the same and achieved it real easily with nothing but Mary’s upm_image plugin and a few forms. Fancy a little tutorial? Here ya go…

1. install and activate upm_image (duh);
  2. download mooShow (duh);
  3. copy the mooshow folder to the textpattern/ folder;
  4. for your conveniance, copy the content of mooshow.css in your textpattern driven style sheet, or in a new one, and don’t forget to change the image urls;
  5. create a new misc form, call it mooshow_scripts and insert the following code :
    <code>
    <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:/site_url />textpattern/mooshow/prototype.lite.js”></script>
    <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:/site_url />textpattern/mooshow/moo.fx.js”></script>
    <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:/site_url />textpattern/mooshow/moo.fx.pack.js”></script>
    <script type=“text/javascript”>var showsIE = new Array(“myShow”)</script>
    <script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:/site_url />textpattern/mooshow/mooshow.1.04.js”></script>
    </code>
  6. create another new misc form, call it mooshow and insert the following code :
    <code>
    <script type=“text/javascript”>
    var myShow = new Array(
    <txp:upm_article_image form=“mooshow_list”/>
    new Array(‘’,’‘)
    );
    </script> <div id=“myShow” class=“mooshow”> this.speed=500; this.fadeSpeed=500; this.topNav=‘no’; this.overlayNav=‘yes’; this.dropShadow=‘yes’; this.captions=‘yes’; this.border=10; this.copyright=‘no’; this.IPTCinfo=‘yes’ </div>
    </code>
  7. now guess what, make the mooshow_list form :
    <code>
    new Array(‘<txp:upm_img_url />’, ‘<txp:upm_img_width />’, ‘<txp:upm_img_height />’, ‘’, ‘<txp:upm_img_name />’, ‘’,’‘,’‘, ‘<upm_img_caption />’),
    </code>
    do note that for some obscure reason that caption thing doesn’t work. And you can also use thumbs if you prefer, by adding _thumb after _img in the three first upm tags;
  8. Now, in the pages you want to use mooShow for, change doctype to strict and add <txp:output_form form="mooshow_scripts" /> in the header;
  9. In the article form you use for the section you want to display a mooShow in, add <txp:output_form form="mooshow" /> where you want it to stand
  10. Now set a comma-separated list of the ids of the images you want to use in the article image field of your articles
  11. done!

This solution only allows to use one mooShow per page. But I have no doubt some-one will find a solution to this.

Last edited by guiguibonbon (2006-07-04 23:43:05)

#5 2006-07-05 17:39:53

soulship
Website

Nice write up! I will give this a try. That’s the way to show ingenuity!

Jamie

#6 2006-07-07 05:22:27

marios
Archived Plugin Author

soulship wrote:

I have been piddling around trying to frankenstien a plugin together for about two weeks based on MooShow . A very sweet lightweight gallery script that resizes to fit the image being displayed. I have gotten close, but I keep blowing it up and now I don’t have a lot of time laying around so I have to cry uncle and give it up. I was trying to keep it basic and build a category array to plug-in to the mooshow script. I give up, but maybe someone who can code more effiecintly than I (read: not very, not very at all) can pull something magical out of their hat. Anybody want to try?

Do you intend to release the code, even if it doesn’t work as expected ?

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#7 2006-07-17 21:22:58

sthmtc
Website

i’m working on something related aswell. having a hard time though for some reason (maybe its just to hot outside). hopefully someon can give me a hint. i’m trying to set up a portfolio displayed by mooShow. each work in the portfolio is represented by an article. most important there is an image, the title comes from the article title and the caption == article body. (i assume this structure would be more flexible than working with the image meta data as it allows custom fields for “client” or other things)

now i worked with the input guigui gave but somehow i cant get it to work… it shouldnt be that hard… maybe a quick input from some of you guys would make the synapse working again..

#8 2006-07-18 06:54:04

davidm

I guess what you’re trying to achieve is something like this ?

.: Retired :.

#9 2006-07-18 07:09:32

guiguibonbon

I guess you have used <txp:article listform="mooshowlist" /> instead of <txp:upm_article_image form="mooshow_list"/>

and that your mooshow_list form looks something like :

new Array(<txp:upm_article_image form="mooshow_vars"/>, '','','', '<txp:body />'),

(don’t forget the comma at the end)

and you would have a form called mooshow_vars with this:

'<txp:upm_img_url />', '<txp:upm_img_width />', '<txp:upm_img_height />', '', '<txp:upm_img_name />'

Note that I’ve had a serious look at the code behind mooshow and it plainly sucks. It works in IE but often with bugs, fade-outs don’t work, there’s many useless code, etc. The resizing for instance works really bad in IE.

#10 2006-07-18 11:52:35

sthmtc
Website

guiguibonbon, thanks for the input on my very unprecise “question” :)
i could concentrate again when it was a bit colder outside in the night and have now a working solution.
i really really hope the whole site i’m working on won’t terribly fail in IE but it could be… anyhow it’s something i would call “highly experimental”. for myself i would never go with something like mooshow because its also very questionable regarding accessibility…but anyhow, the friends i’m doing this for wanted it like that :)

i will show the result these next days, should be finished pretty quick now.

Board footer