Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-07-17 20:49:11

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

mem_imdb_votes: IMDB Vote History

http://manfre.net/article/690/imdb-vote-history-plugin

As posted in the request thread, this plugin parses a public IMDB vote history list and makes it displayable on a Textpattern site. Layout is controlled with a form and “txp:” tags. Click the link above to download the newest version and see it in action.

#2 2006-07-18 08:58:01

TNT
Website

Re: mem_imdb_votes: IMDB Vote History

Nice plugin!

I have a question, though. Is it possible to use a custom field to insert the number of the imdb public link? That way, the plugin tags could be inside the article form instead of in the body of the article, of course with reference to the assigned custom field.

Prrrrrrrr

#3 2006-07-18 11:36:10

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

#4 2006-07-18 15:18:28

TNT
Website

If I understand the plugin correctly, you have to use the plugin-tag inside the body of an article.

What I’m trying to accomplish is that I can use this plugin inside an article form. With the current plugin this is not possible, because the link to the movie in imdb is different for every movie. So, placing the current plugin-tag inside an article form would result in a link to the same movie in every article I post.

So my suggestion is to use a custom field for the link to the movie in imdb, i.c. the number of the movie in imdb. That way, I can put the plugin tag inside an article form and reference to imdb by putting the number in the assigned custom field, when I’m writing an article.

Hope this makes things more understandable for you. And I hope you have an answer. :-)

Prrrrrrrr

#5 2006-07-18 15:46:18

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

There in lies the confusion. This plugin is not meant for pulling information about any movie. It displays your vote history from your imdb account. My public vote history can be found here. The plugin parses this information and allows you to include it in your site.

The functionality you are asking for can be accomplished without a plugin. Assuming custom field “imdb id” holds the movie id and custom field “title” holds the name of the movie, you could the following in your article form to create a link.

<code>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“imdb id”> <a href=“http://www.imdb.com/title/<txp:custom_field name=“imdb id” />”><txp:custom_field name=“title” /></a>
</txp:if_custom_field>
</code>

#6 2006-07-18 20:18:30

TNT
Website

Ah, now I understand. I thought this plugin would take the overall score of the movie instead of the score I gave it.

And thanks for the explanation on how I can accomplish what I wanted. Still a great plugin.

Prrrrrrrr

#7 2006-07-21 01:23:06

genosypheus

This is great news indeed, and congrats on the piece of solid work. I’ve went to your site and fulfilled the pledge of 10 bucks via your paypal account, as promised. As i’m on the Wordpress platform now, and am struggling to find time to dabble with TXP, i will only be playing w ur plugin in the near future. I do already have some questions, however, that is, could u get the plugin to churn out the links and scores in a tabulated manner, like http://blog.whatfettle.com/imdb.html? Do i have a option of forcing the plugin to update my vote history as and when i want to? I hope you won;t mind if i’ll still be asking more questions in the near future, as i really know close to nuts on TXP. Thanks and well done!

Board footer