Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-06-16 10:08:15

alexandra

TXP Magazine - a community project from now on

Hi all,
i am overloaded with (partly txp related) projects these days and no end in sight.

1.5 years ago i set up TXP Magazine. The idea was to link TXP with the ‘outer world’. Looking at the stats, TXP Mag is a success. But by now TXP Mag grew to an extend i can not handle it on my own anymore. One reason is, i am german and writing articles in english takes so long for me and i am often really frustrated about my english grammar and so on…. the other reason is, TXP Mag´s content grew constantly and has to be managed.

In short: the future of TXP Mag depends on a broader support.

In a first step the Mag needs more editors, at least 5, who on and off publish an article on the Mag. There is no need to publish an article every week but something like every 6-8 weeks would be fine. As well you can send in articles you already published on your blog.

Second: we need 1,2,3 designers taking care of the sites gallery. Actually this is not much work but still work to be done once in a while.

My hope is to find enough people taking small bits of tasks over helping this way keeping TXP Mag alive.
If you have other or even better ideas how TXP Mag can become a neat community project, please post here.

#2 2006-06-16 12:18:39

Destry
Website

Re: TXP Magazine - a community project from now on

Hi Alexandra,

Actually, this is interesting timing. I’ve been thinking lately that it’s probably time I step down from TextBook too and let somebody (somebodies) else have a go with its direction. A little change of activity could be good all around.

I could be up for one of the editor roles, if your not too opposed. Would that qualify my site in the gallery? ;)

#3 2006-06-16 13:08:32

squaredeye
Website

Alexandra,
of course I’d be up to working as an editor. TXPmag can grow with community.
If you have a set of guidelines or something to that effect, let me know.

:)

M

#4 2006-06-16 13:26:28

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Alex,

i would stay with you ;)

Perhaps i will write in english … or … perhaps making mulitlingual?

#5 2006-06-16 23:01:20

Destry
Website

Been so busy I haven’t been to the Mag in a while. I noticed the “Professionals” advertising opportunity. That’s cool. (Mine is in the mail.) The announcement says free until semptember, which I’m assuming means if you still want your ad there after that, you pay for it. So, that got me thinking:

1. How much do you expect to charge?
  2. If a person doesn’t want to pay for the advertising after September, they can drop and no hard feelings?
  3. If you’re going to hand the Mag over to the community, then what’s the potential charges for…maintaining the domain? What if the money made is far greater than the money needed for maintenance? Where does that surplus cash go?
  4. Do Mag editors get to advertise for free? (seems they would since they are volunteering their time and effort.)

Hey, did I mention I’d like to be an editor? ;)

One of the first things we could work on in the editors club is how to communicate revenues earned to the public, because people are going to want to know where the money goes if the Mag is handed to the community. Maybe editors could look at how surplus funds could be folded back into the Mag site, or to other fun community events, competitions, etc.

#6 2006-06-16 23:45:49

sekhu
Website

always happy to lend a hand as you know, just let me know what needs to be done :)

#7 2006-06-19 07:09:35

Destry
Website

For reasons best left unexplored. I retract my offer at being an editor. Good luck to it though.

Huh…it’s like ping pong; back and forth. ;)

Last edited by Destry (2006-06-19 23:01:36)

#8 2006-06-28 08:39:57

alexandra

I am happy, I got the best of the best together :)
TXP Mag´s new publisher group

A special Thank You to Hans Hyttinen (lumilux.org) who will be in charge for the Site Collection by Category from now on. And a kind thank you to Milos who gave permission using some of his often valuable content on superdeluxe.ch.

It´s not the first time, i read as in this article Textpattern is even having it´s own design magazine. Something i am personally proud of :).

Last edited by alexandra (2006-07-04 17:40:35)

#9 2006-06-28 09:17:54

marios
Archived Plugin Author

One article per month could be done from my side, If that’s ok for you. It will be based on research each time with lots of interesting stuff.
(Might need to be revised, my english isn’t popular)

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer