Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-06-15 21:34:46

marios
Archived Plugin Author

A textpattern bundle for TextMate beta version

Not long after I got TM in my fingers, I realized once again how often the question for a better code handling of the backend turns up frequently.

TM is fine as an advanced tool to get involved with, but unlike for Movable Type or Expression Engine, it didn’t have a bundle for textpattern yet.

So I decided to make one, customized to my basic needs.

And here it is.

A detailed Article,about the main features of the Bundle

TXP TMBundle for TextMate” 07

Although I did some testing on a large pile of sample files, feedback is always apreciated.

UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE 05.11.06 v0.7

The Language Grammar of this Bundle relies on the presence of the XHTML Bundle, which is included
in the download.

some bug fixes on the Language Grammar, improvements, context snsitive help lookup, now working properly on all tags.
generic attributes and values for plugins now working without Interference.

DOWNLOAD TM TEXTPATTERN BUNDLE V.07 BETA AND COMPANION THEME LATEST VERSION

TextMate Bundle V0.7 AND Theme

The download Folder contains both Bundle and and Theme.
To install these, just click on the decrompessed Files and select to overwrite your previous version,
when asked by TexMate.

DOWNLOAD TM TEXTPATTERN BUNDLE V.08 BETA AND NEW THEME LATEST VERSION

TextMate Bundle V0.8 AND Theme

The download Folder contains both Bundle and and Theme.
To install these, just click on the decrompessed Files and select to overwrite your previous version,
when asked by TexMate.

DOWNLOAD TM TEXTPATTERN BUNDLE V.09 BETA

TextMate Bundle V0.9

TextMate Theme TexariReborn

With added Textile and PHP support for v.0.9

Changelog

• Added textile and PHP support. Works for zem_template as well.
  • Recursive block matching on if_section, if_category, and if_custom_field tags enabled.
  • Added Tag attribute support for permlink closing and single tags
  • Updated documentation
  • Added support for native hide tag.
  • Added zem_template Template with native PHP Bundle support.
  • Some new tag tagtributes
  • Added Support for l10n tags.
  • Updated Theme for textile and zem_template custom styles
  • Other minor Changes

ONLINE-DOCUMENTATION

ONLINE-DOCUMENTATION for version 07

Please note, that many things have been changed, from previous Versions of this Bundle. For this Bundle version (07) refer mainly to the ONLINE-DOCUMENTATION, and not the older articles, since the information contained might not correspond to the current stage of the Bundle.

Use the same download links above, old version no longer available from this post, to avoid confusion

regards, marios

(Inspired by Ace of Dubs from another forum post)

Last edited by marios (2007-08-30 00:45:57)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#2 2006-06-15 23:20:49

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: A textpattern bundle for TextMate beta version

Wish I had a Mac ;)

Would you have a text file of all the TxP tags you used to create textpattern v3 beta.tmLanguage?

#3 2006-06-15 23:35:25

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I used TM itself to generate the files, since my infant fear of the shell did not let me use a perl script to do that.
So I created a custom set of Macros that strip of the start and closing Tags,sort tags by kind, from the original tag listings and remove arbitrary whitespace, insert pipes, commas , quotes all that through the use of regular expressions.
The text-files are kept in a project folder , so if you need them just drop me a mail.

I’m a windows switcher myself and started using a mac mini that was locked up in my drawer six month ago,
and I think, I’ll never turn back. I’ll keep the windows machines only for Topstyle Pro and Browser Testing and port all the rest to OS X.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-06-15 23:53:14)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#4 2006-06-16 02:36:23

hakjoon
Website

This is awesome Marios.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#5 2006-06-16 13:13:57

squaredeye
Website

Marios, as I mentioned on your blog.
This is insane. Thanks for your work on this.
If you own a mac, work with TXP, YOU MUST USE THIS!

#6 2006-06-16 15:30:48

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey man, this looks awesome!

I tried downloading it and installing it in Bundles (within TextMate / Contents / SharedSupport / Bundles) and it seems to load – it shows up in the Bundle Editor – but doesn’t appear to have anything defined for it?! (selecting Show All from the popup menu above the languages shows an empty set for TXP). Is that right or am I doing something wrong? I tried pasting a TXP template into the TM editor but it parses it as Plain Text (TextPattern is not an option from the menus at the bottom of the app).

I am using v 1.5.1 (948). I hope you can tell me what I am doing wrong because I would love to use this!!

Thanks Marios!

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#7 2006-06-16 16:30:07

goncalo.dumas
Website

I haven’t even finishing reading yet, but I think I’ll be getting Txtmate ASAP, so I can get this bundle working.
Thanks Marios!

Last edited by patchwork (2006-06-16 16:31:20)

#8 2006-06-16 16:48:03

mrdale
Website

I’d also love to use it, but get the empty bundle problem in the editor and can’t seem to find a “Textari” in the list of themes.

Help?

#9 2006-06-16 23:22:22

marios
Archived Plugin Author

rloaderro, mrdale,

The bundle, should go into ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles.
Just try to delete the bundle altogether download it again and put it inside the bundle-folder from your home folder.
Basically TM has three different locations, where Bundles could be stored.
The location that you used above is only for Bundles that TM relies for all its inherent functions, then there is also
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles for Bundles that you acquired through Subversion and do not want to get modified by your own customizations as far as I understood that.

The Theme should be placed either into /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Themes or
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
It just didn’t show up in your Editor since I forgot to edit the UUid and the name of the Theme which was still twilight.
isntead of Texari.(Thanks to Robert for reminding about all this)

Now to avoid any further confusion, I renamed the filename , which is TXP Safari, so just delete everything download it again and put it in the apropriate Folders mentioned above.

@rloaderro, If you want, try this:
Hit alt comma, to bring up the prefs, select Software update, and check the radio button that says: automatically check for updates.Change the dropdown selection to Cutting-Edge and hit the Check Now button, that will change your version to the latest Build which is currently 1100.

If you are using the latest Build, the only thing you need to do is double click on the lego brick Icon and it will automatically be installed for you in the proper location.
(Also, as far as I understood this, the drag and drop distribution that I described in the article only works with that latest build, but again, I might be wrong)

See also the release note post below:

TMReleasnotes Blog Entry on MacroMates for latest Build/version
I’m a pretty odd novice myself with TM, so try the above and tell me if it worked.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-06-17 01:02:09)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#10 2006-06-16 23:29:06

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey!

TM just auto-updated to rev 1100 – reading through the release notes I happened upon this: When you double-click a bundle or bundle item (for installing) << What?! >> So I re-downloaded your TXP bundle, double-clicked it and it happily installed. Your work looks very impressive! Let me ask you though, I guess I don’t do a lot of TXP coding in TM because it doesn’t fit into my work flow (copy from Safari, paste in TM, edit, copy, paste back into Safari, etc..). What have you done to fit TXP in??

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#11 2006-06-16 23:40:31

marios
Archived Plugin Author

@rloaderro, it seems we double posted behind each other.Anyway, seems you found it easily.
I have to go out to get something to eat, I’ll be back in half an hour.

regards

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#12 2006-06-16 23:47:22

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I forgot to change the download link above, so download it again and reinstall (Only the Theme)

regards

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer