Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-05-28 23:39:58

zem
Developer Emeritus

Re: [contrib] support for core and plugin developers

Obviously this has some bearing on the discussion.

Alex

#26 2006-05-29 01:19:02

Destry
Website

zem wrote:

Hmmm, yeah, like give us our X-mas contributions back! Oh, wait, I was on the receiving end of that.

Anyway, this is very interesting, particularly that bit about Textpattern Pro; so is the “Pro” going to be a pay-for-it kind of thing? It must be.

#27 2006-05-29 02:33:16

maniqui
Website

zem wrote:

Congratulations for Team Textpattern! I wish you success!
The site is nice too. Very TXP.

Bannister? I would like to read more about that! I didnt understand what exactly is.

Hmmm, yeah, like give us our X-mas contributions back! Oh, wait, I was on the receiving end of that.

Never arrived! :(. I wrote to alexandra few months ago, and we will never know what happened. I would bet that someone in the argentinian aduana (duty) is enjoying a Kraftwerk DVD! This is Argentina!
Or maybe a shipwrecked is using it as a mirror.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#28 2006-05-29 02:58:04

squaredeye
Website

Wow Zem,
Great idea. I’m excited to see this development.
I hope it really pans out for you all as a team, and for this community.

I’ll be interested to see what develops from here.

:)

Matthew

#29 2006-05-29 06:34:31

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I hope this does not mean the end of txp as an open source project or even txp as a lite version of the pro software…

Having said that, I wish the best to the team and many thanks for all the work you have put into the development of txp.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#30 2006-05-30 08:32:07

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Zem (and team),

hope all goes well with your new venture. Thanks for the countless hours of work you guys have put into Textpattern so far—you have given us a great product already.

Steve

#31 2006-05-30 10:13:50

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

I hope this does not mean the end of txp as an open source project or even txp as a lite version of the pro software…

Not at all. Quite the opposite, actually. The idea is that the key elements for Pro will be the services and plugins bundled with it. It will basically be what independent developers have been offering their clients wrt textpattern the whole time, with the only difference that it’ll be “officially” from the guys that maintain textpattern.
The things that typically go into core, will still go there – it wouldn’t work otherwise. Just take a look at crockery… We do not intend to “make people pay” to get the textpattern experience. Instead we know there is people with more specific needs who at the same time are willing to pay to get what they want. As it says on the team-txp site: for web professionals and commercial sites – that won’t be what our average textpattern user is after.

#32 2006-05-30 10:39:07

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

There could be potential return to the entire community from this venture.

Clients get a great team working on their project, the team members get paid for their work and, as the team go through the paces for commercial clients, I would think that some of the work they do will (if not subject to restrictive clauses in their contract) get fed back into the mainstream TxP development. I guess the form that would take would initially be by some new plugins that eventually get worked into core functionality.

Even if that doesn’t happen directly, perhaps it could do so indirectly as the team identifies areas where improved work-flows/site architectures/administration interfaces/DB schemas would benefit their clients and the TxP userbase in general.

Steve

Board footer