Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2006-05-25 14:39:06

igner
Plugin Author

Re: ign_password_protect

Michael wrote:

I no longer use TXP’s search-function, but I could even selectively protect parts of my website, since it is working right now similar to flickr: There is a “friends & family”-section and the “public” one. If you are logged in – everything, even the search results are different.

not to derail my own thread, but what are you using for search, or are you using anything?
and can you provide some details on how you’re determining context for protecting content on the search?

And igner: Go to bed now! ;-)

i did – but not for nearly long enough.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#218 2006-05-25 21:46:54

Michael
Website

If you search – at least in my case – txp uses the default page template and displays a specific form for displaying articles (in my case: title with permalink and date published and some lines of text).

If you add an if_search-option into your default page and determine whether so is logged in or not, you can filter which sections the search results should show up! In my case the section “private” did not, when someone was not logged in.

#219 2006-05-29 10:33:04

stem

Hi and thanx for the great plugin.

One question: How do I achieve to change the ‘admin privs’. I just want to let a staff writer see the ‘ign_user_mgmt’. I already tried changeing the privs in the plugin code, but nothing happens. And can the tab be displayed below the ‘content’ tab.

Any idea? Thank you.

#220 2006-05-30 12:00:39

uncalau

I have installed ing_password_protect and have been testing it for a few days. I mus tsay Igner did a really nice plugin.

However, my problem is:

The ‘name’ is not display when login. Anyone with any idea what might have cause this problem?

Besides, I wish to some how personalise the website – example:
when a user login,
A text “Welcome [username]” appears.
How can that be done?

I am very new at textpattern and my knowledge of PHP and MySQL is very limitted. I welcome suggestion and guidance.

Thank you.

#221 2006-05-30 16:12:28

igner
Plugin Author

stem wrote:

One question: How do I achieve to change the ‘admin privs’. I just want to let a staff writer see the ‘ign_user_mgmt’. I already tried changeing the privs in the plugin code, but nothing happens. And can the tab be displayed below the ‘content’ tab.

It’s possible, there are a few different places that code has to be changed.

to change the tab location, change the line that reads:

register_tab('extensions', 'ign_user_mgmt', 'ign_user_mgmt'); to register_tab('content', 'ign_user_mgmt', 'ign_user_mgmt');

You will also need to add privileges to that tab – add the following line:
add_privs('ign_user_mgmt', '1,2,3,4'); //grant privs to publisher, editor, copy editor, staff writer

However, this will only allow the non-publishers to see the list of users, not actually edit them. To do that, you’d have to change the ign_admin function (starts around line 715) – change the lines that read

<notextile><code> echo ($myprivs 1) ? ign_new_user_form(): ''; echo ($myprivs 1) ? ign_reset_user_pass_form() : ‘’;</code></notextile>

to

<code>echo ign_new_user_form();
echo ign_reset_user_pass_form();</code>

This will strip out ANY permissions restrictions within the tab – if the user can see the tab, they can make any necessary changes.

I’ll probably work out a more elegant way of handling this in future versions.

#222 2006-05-30 18:30:05

igner
Plugin Author

uncalau wrote:

The ‘name’ is not display when login. Anyone with any idea what might have cause this problem?

Whoops – look like that’s broken in the 0.4.2d release; must have gotten distracted at some point. I’ll have a fix out in a day or so.

#223 2006-05-31 12:37:37

stem

Perfekt.! The permission question is solved. It works without problems.

Thank you very much, IGNER!

#224 2006-06-07 14:18:02

creativesplash
Website

Hi Jeremy,

Its been a while since I posted here. Hope things are fine with you. The website I was going to launch never saw light because I got occupied with a lot of other things like my new job and a load of other things. Neverthless, I’m still using it in my companies intranet to allow employees post feedback using txp’s comment form. Therefore your effort is highly appreciated. I am especially happy about the fact that you have continued to support the community.

I’m also using your plugin in <a href=“http://www.naamasankeerthana.com”>one of my sites</a>. Unfortunately, the logout link results in a 404 when using messy urls. Can you extend this plugin to support messy urls? Because my host does not support mod_rewrite.

Thank you

Regards,
Vasanth

Last edited by creativesplash (2006-06-07 14:24:16)

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#225 2006-06-07 14:49:50

igner
Plugin Author

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a reason that wouldn’t work with messy URLs, but I can take a look and make it work. It’ll likely be a couple days, though.

#226 2006-06-07 16:18:41

creativesplash
Website

Okie that’s not a problem .. the logout link is something like this >> http://naamasankeerthana.com/?s=login?logout=1

Just thought it might be useful to let you know that.

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#227 2006-06-27 06:46:25

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

I’m working on a TXP-powered forum and ign_password_protect — along with mem_self_register — are sort of the backbones of the project.

The first test forum is working pretty well on a site using TXP 4.0.2, with some more advanced functions still waiting to be solved, but testing on another site — which uses TXP 4.0.3 — I’m running into this comment issue.

I went in and replaced my “special” comment forms with the default, and voila, the weird bit of code disappeared. Then I wrapped the working comment code with ign_password_protect, and I got the weird code again.

Any ideas? Has anyone else run into a problem with Protecting comments in 4.0.3? I’m not positive it has anything to do with this plugin, just wondering if anyone has seen this before …

Thanks,

– Ben

Last edited by benbruce (2006-06-27 06:46:54)

#228 2006-06-27 12:15:26

aslsw66
Website

I’m finally in the process of building my family’s site, using <txp:ign_password_protect> to ensure only family and friends can read all the juicy gossip.

On the homepage, I have the login form displayed. What I’m struggling to do is to display an error message when someone enters the incorrect login/password combination. I know this function is available using the main <txp:ign_password_protect> tag. The only problem is that I’m not – I’m using the conditional tag to subtly alter the homepage content.

Is there something here that I’m just not getting? Some extra attribute in the login form?

Otherwise, this is a great plugin!

Board footer