Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-04-10 01:22:51

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

Re: ied_plugin_composer - new plugins never came that easy

To the joy of plugin developers ied_plugin_composer now supports plugin_cache_dir!
It will now list files in that dir and let you publish your plugins right from there (just use the template I posted above).

Happy coding!

Plugin Composer — admin plugin to write your own plugins

#14 2006-04-29 21:34:35

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

0.4 is out

The name of the plugin, the last non-editable field, is now editable too. “Delete” button you saw on plugins page is back for ease of deleting your quick experiments.
What’s more there’s now interface for editing plugins in your plugin_cache_dir and their metadata.

#15 2006-04-30 09:41:47

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi Inspired!

I haven’t tested this new version (I will soon!) but I have a feature request: I often copy and paste my code from an application with syntax highlighting. Therefore I normaly need to wrap my code with <? ... ?> or <?php ... ?>. Would it be possible to strip these tags, if I save my plugin?

Thank you again for this plugin. It saves me so much time…
Nils

#16 2006-04-30 20:16:34

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, Skubidu, does plugin upload from php file work for you?
Also, could you elaborate more on why exactly you do the copy/pasting, because the plugin is being designed to make copy/pasting unnecessary (you can publish the plugins in files in plugin_cache_dir with one click, as well as you can upload the plugin code from file in which case first and last lines will be stripped) (emm, or is copy/pasting convenient).

Yura

#17 2006-04-30 20:46:17

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi Yura!

Forget my request! You’re right – I don’t need to paste anything.
I must have been stupid! I misunderstood your upload features. Sometimes it’s to easy to believe.

Thanks for listening and forget my request…

Nils :o)

#18 2006-04-30 22:23:44

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Inspired, wonderfull, I think that this should be voted for as the most usefull plugin of the year.

I have been using it a lot to learn some silly basic php, and to get some insight in Dean’s superb coding architecture.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#19 2006-05-07 14:32:49

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hello Yura,

thanks for all your work on this plugin. Just wondering if you had thought about adding any textile support to the help authoring?—TinyMCE looks sweet but not everyone is using it and the default plugin compile/upload/install/check help cycle is quite time consuming at present.

I was thinking that your plugin could lighten this up for plugin devs using textile for the help format. Because your plugin is already installed in TXP and has the textile object at hand, could it add some metadata about the help section format and then have your edit page handle running it through textile to generate a ‘help preview’ or something that would cut out the upload/install/view cycle.

Regardless of the response, thanks for your work.

Steve

#20 2006-05-08 17:42:11

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

Oh, hey! Actually it was Tranquillo who emailed me the idea and contributed the code for TinyMCE support even before i thought about formatting for the help area so i just went with it. Perhaps using textile would be more obvious othervice :) and i will probably have to look into this option.

#21 2006-05-08 17:51:46

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey Yura!

Would it be possible to have an file upload field on the edit page, too? Something like “replace plugin code with…”. It would save some clicks if you often upload new code.

Nils

#22 2006-05-08 18:17:26

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

Nils, the main php file upload should be able to update the code. Anyway, what makes you upload the code often and not just test it in plugin_cache_dir? In other words, if you test your plugin in plugin_cache_dir then you will most likely not bother to open edit page, and if you use edit page then it sounds rather odd that you want to upload the code. Just want to know the user logic.

Yura

#23 2006-05-08 18:30:07

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi Yura!

At my university I’m not able to acces the site I’m working on via ftp on all computers.
That’s why I’m happy about the upload function. I create a new plugin, download it via your plugin, edit it on my desktop (with syntax highlighting) and finally re-upload it back. So, sometimes, I have to upload the same plugin a few times after another because I have to fix some errors. That’s my user logic…

Nils :)

#24 2006-05-08 19:28:47

Inspired
Plugin Author
Website

Nils :) i can recommend you Editus Externus Firefox Extension for such a case. Hope that’s firefox at your uni :)

… ehh, so, but why would it be more convenient to have upload form at the edit page? Looks like if you’re just uploading the code from computer and don’t edit it online it shouldn’t matter where the upload form is.

Board footer