Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-03-22 07:10:43

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Comment Remember not checked by default

I am not sure how this is tied to other functionalities in txp but I think that it would be safer for surfers to be able to leave a comment without having to uncheck the remember button. (ie for the comment remember to be unchecked by default).

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2006-03-22 07:21:59

Jeremie
Website

Re: Comment Remember not checked by default

You could probably easily hack this. It’s probably just an attribute in the html output by comments.php

#3 2006-03-22 12:00:24

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

jeremie I agree with you but I also think that hacking always makes updating the software a bid of a problem. ie… hacking over and over as the software gets updated. The request here, I believe will make txp more secure for peaole who do not understand cookies etc and they are connecting to sites via public computers.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2006-03-23 07:59:20

Jeremie
Website

I totaly agree with you. But on this one, Subversion merge capability should do the trick for you. My Textile class is more hacked than that (one on a production website running for 13 month now), and I never had any problem with svn update.

The thing is, I’m not sure putting this option off by default agrees with everyone. We’ll see how the thread goes, maybe I’m wrong.

#5 2006-04-04 14:32:40

jtlapp
Website

TxP currently cannot distinguish between a user’s first visit to the comment form and a user who elected not to remember their information on a previous visit to the comment form. In both cases the users is always greeted with a checked remember box.

This is an undo burden on people who don’t want t their information remembered — they have to uncheck the remember box for every comment posted.

Would it suffice to fix this problem? That is, would you be happy with just having TxP keep track of the user’s remember/forget preference?

Once that’s fixed, it would be easy to add an attribute to txp:comment_form to set your preferred default checkbox value.

Board footer