Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-01-17 04:52:46

nighthwk1

Re: Expiration Date for articles

The reason I (and probably many others) need this feature is for things like an Upcoming Events section. Currently, I’m able to use:

<code><txp:chh_article_custom form=“events” section=“seminars” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“asc” listform=“events” time=”-1 day,+6 months” /></code>

However, it obviously requires changing the post date, (btw, TXP doesn’t let me specify a post date unless the article is already saved) which is confusing to the other people with copy edit access.

The other major problem is that RSS/Atom feeds won’t display these upcoming events, because they’re technically not published yet.

The only other CMS I’ve used extensively is Etomite, which has fields for creation, last edit, publish, and un-publish dates… which may be too much, but it all seems useful.

Jon

Last edited by nighthwk1 (2006-01-17 04:57:43)

#14 2006-02-01 17:47:01

mrdale
Website

I’d like to add my voice to the request for an expiration field in TXP.

1. Makes sense.
  2. Many other CMSs Iv’e used have it
  3. Makes calendaring simpler.

Please, Please, Please?

#15 2006-03-14 01:12:40

Nell

I’d love to have this feature too. A client of mine posts events in his blog and he wants them to disappear when they end.

#16 2006-03-14 02:53:55

Jeremie
Website

I’m not sure how wide the need for this is. However for people like Nell needing it badly, I would suggest that you regroup your funding, hire someone to hack TXP to handle it cleanly (it shouldn’t be that hard), and then subit the result as a diff patch on the dev mailing list.

It’s the best shot you have to make this into core.

Board footer