You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#325 2006-03-12 12:37:05

dominik.osterholt

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Hi folks,

I have another feature request. :) What about implementing the option to attach files to the form’s email? Would be great if you could adjust the allowed filetypes and also the file size.

#326 2006-03-12 13:00:26

soulship
Website

@Dominik:

If you look at this post someone has already hacked that function into the plugin. I have emailed jamie to see if I could get a copy but haven’t heard back yet. He is using it here and it looks like just what I need as well.

#327 2006-03-12 13:19:41

dominik.osterholt

@soulship: Thank you! I’ll contact Jamie, then, too.

@myself: Being able to read helps. :)

#328 2006-03-12 18:51:38

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Version .17 (12/03/06)
<code><zem_contact_radio /></code> function added to enable the use of radio buttons. Thank you Robert (wet).
A new attribute – button=“yes” – has been added to the <code><zem_contact_submit /></code> function to enable the user to choose a “button element” output instead of the normal “input element”.
Fixed “isError” for the <code><zem_contact_select /></code> function.
Reduced “return” to a single instance for those functions that use “zemRequired” and thereby reduced the code a bit.

Please note: the zem_contact_lang plug-in has also been updated to version .03 with the addition of “radio”.

You can see it in action here.

I shall be posting a little later (after I’ve eaten something) about the direction this plug-in will be taking from now on so please don’t think I’m ignoring these feature requests.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-03-12 18:57:55)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#329 2006-03-12 19:04:46

soulship
Website

Stuart

Fixed “isError” for the <zem_contact_select /> function.

I don’t know what this one was. Does this fix the multiple word bug in select boxes? I posted about it here

Thanks for the update!

#330 2006-03-12 20:41:15

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Yes I saw that and no it doesn’t. This fixes “isError” which allows for special styling of the field and label when an error is thrown because it has been set as a “required” field but hasn’t been selected or filled in by your visitor.

Stuart

#331 2006-03-12 23:53:55

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

OK. Now that I’ve eaten I’m going to throw some things out for discussion.

Version .17 is likely to be the last major release of this plug-in in it’s current format. If there are any minor bug fixes I will release them but added facilities are unlikely for quite some time.

We already have what I will call version .18 up for testing and modification. It may or may not actually become version .18, it may come out as .19 or .20 or .21 but it is what we are working on at the moment so it is currently labelled as .18. Of course when I say “we”, I mean Tranquillo. I only sweep the floors around here. :)

There are 2 major changes that the user will see.

First, the API has been removed. Nobody seems interested in using it and the only “add-on” currently available is Tranquillo’s “cleaner” plug-in.
Second, the <code><zem_contact_send_article /></code> function has been removed. The main reason being that it only works about 90% the way it is supposed to and we don’t really have time to mess with it. As it is Tranquillo’s code, he has suggested that it be removed until he has time to give it a complete overhaul at which point it will return though we can’t foresee at this stage whether that will be as part of this plug-in or as a standalone product.

From now on Tranquillo is concentrating on ensuring that what we call version .18 is secure and so does not require his “cleaner” plug-in. Security is the top priority. As such, whilst we appreciate all of your suggestions, as I said earlier, nothing new will be added for quite some time. Indeed the only reason that “radio buttons” have been included in version .17 is because Robert (wet) coded it and very kindly sent it over to be included in the plug-in if we so wished.

So our view is that security is the main goal that we need to concentrate on and in order to do that we need to take a step or two back in order that we can move forward again.

Thoughts anyone?

Stuart

#332 2006-03-13 00:26:30

NeilA
Website

Sounds like plan Stu.
I’m pleased to hear that security is the first priority in further work.

My thanks to you and Tranquillo for the effort you are putting in here.

Cheers

Neil – Blue Mountains, Australia

http://westserve.org
http://ministrygrounds.net.au

#333 2006-03-13 00:39:23

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Neil. Our intention will be to make the next major release as secure as it can be without the need for add-ons, which won’t be available anyway without the API. From then on, any added features will only be considered if they can also be made secure. We will not add anything that we don’t feel safe with however much people may scream for it. Unlike many plug-ins, a contact form is a prime target for attack so I’m afraid that users will either have to live with our ethos and be safe, or if they wish to fork and start adding their own facilities that’s up to them, but we won’t be responsible for the consequences of such a move. With this plug-in I don’t think we can have our cake AND eat it and then throw a few cookies in as well. :)

Stuart

#334 2006-03-13 00:46:21

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Well that sounds very much promising, I wish there could be the same possibility for the mem_selfregister plugin to reveive the same loving hands as well, I’ts a very important plugin for community sites.
I’ll be needing it in Summer.
Could there be a way to ransom adoption or updating ?

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-03-13 00:47:17)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#335 2006-03-13 01:12:35

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

If you mean for the mem_selfregister plug-in marios have you tried emailing Manfre to see what his current position is with it? He may be open to adoption, or maybe he has his own plans.

Stuart

#336 2006-03-13 01:25:44

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Well, there is no activity on the plugin thread right now, he might be busy, whatever, but I certainly will drop him a mail before Summer.
Another reason why I mentioned this one here allso is, that they both rely on form mail, so one thing I will see the next is,
wether they play nice with eachother on one install.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-03-13 01:26:14)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer