Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-03-06 04:21:20

deronsizemore

Need someone to do some custom work with txp for a new site

I’m in the process of developing a new site. I’m going to use txp for the backend simply because it does all but one thing that I need for this site.

There is one extra feature I need for the site that txp out of the box cannot do. I need someone that is familiar with txp and who is able to customize the code or write me some customer plugin to do what I need.

I wont get into it all here simply because it’s not worth writing if no one is interested. Please contact me through <a href=“http://www.deronsizemore.com/contact”>My Site</a> if you’re interested, so we can keep e-mail addresses hidden and what not.

Thanks
Deron

#2 2006-03-06 04:34:07

squaredeye
Website

Re: Need someone to do some custom work with txp for a new site

Deronsizemore,
I would venture to guess that a short explanation would get you a lot further. Vagueries haven’t gotten me far around here, and I’ve had plenty :) Just a suggestion. Good luck.

#3 2006-03-06 05:42:04

deronsizemore

Re: Need someone to do some custom work with txp for a new site

Okay…point taken. You’re probably right. :-)

So…what I need to do is have a database of golf courses. The database will lists things such as course name, location, price, architects, head pro, etc…

What I need to be able to do is have a form on the site with fields such as:

1. Course Name
2. Location (City)
3. Price

Once the user uses the form to search for courses in their area either according to location, price or whatever they are after, it would simply bring up a list of all relavent courses from the users search.

It was suggested to me a while back that I simply use the built in search function of textpattern and make it search one section of the site. That would work I suppose but I think might be more work in the long run? Plus I wouldn’t be able to have the custom form fields like “course name”, “location”, etc.

Hope this makes sense. If anyone needs more clarification let me know.

An example of what I’m after would be like this one found at http://www.golfcourse.com. Only it wouldn’t be every course in the US, just courses from a small location.

Last edited by deronsizemore (2006-03-06 05:42:35)

Board footer