Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-02-28 18:56:12

-P-

Re: [feedback] I think the TXP Community rocks because . . .

I think the TXP Community rocks because . . . I have never ever yet seen here a post that says “LOL dude whyz dat u asking there dude gee.”

And that is a very common reply you can expect seeing in Wordpress support forum, YO. Too old for that shite :D

Last edited by -P- (2006-02-28 18:56:44)

#14 2006-02-28 19:48:29

alexandra

I enjoy all these nice people here (see above) and so cute postings like maniquis saying:
non-programmer (like me) can feel like they are “programming” by using “txp:if” and “txp:else” tags_
:)

#15 2006-03-01 00:18:06

neutrino
Website

to steal from Matthew for a second:

There’s a blaze of light in every word; It doesn’t matter which you heard; the holy, or the broken Hallelujah!

I think that says it all. Thank you guys for all your efforts.

#16 2006-03-01 19:14:35

segfault
Plugin Author
Website

hcgtv wrote:
Since I’m a newbie to the community, I’d like to comment on why Textpattern rocks.
After having visited just about every site on TXP Magazine, I came away with a feeling that anyone who grabs the code base is compelled to build esthetically pleasing sites.
This effect on designers is very unique, nowhere did I see someone use Textpattern and create an unpleasing experience with it. The less-is-more mentality appears to transcend from the software to the end user, almost like a mantra is passed on.

I think that this is because the default template is very simple and people are driven to build from it vs stripping down mindset in which you are forced when you install other cms’s with complex default schemes… Just my 2 cents.

Ah, and to stay on topic:
  • The code itself is a thing of beauty. Easy to understand yet very powerful. That in itself attracts great coders.
  • The flexibility of the TxP tags attracts great designers.
  • A mix of great coders, designers and hard working talented folks will feed your brain and share insightful and interesting ideas. That is why I think we all enjoy being part of the community. Good people.

“A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footer