Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-02-25 13:09:08

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

admin interface: elements and panels

Last year there was a posting in the dev weblog about a new feature in upcoming releases (4.1. and higher): elements.

If I understand it right, all things in “content” besides the article tabs will be converted into elements (images, files, links and anything else that might be invented) so that we get a very modular and customisable admin interface. So what about the things that are on the article tab concerning these elements: For example I think of the article image. It is on the “write” page but it belongs to the image element. So an article image field should only be there, if the image element is activated. Is there a plan to modulize this, too?

I know that extra field or other things could be inserted via the DOM, but I know that this could get really slow for the enduser if he has too many things inserted that way. The admin interface starts to flip around until the entire DOM manipulation is finished:
So what about some kind of “register_panel” function that allows an element or a plugin to insert specific things into the sidebar without javascript?

Board footer