Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-02-18 14:41:06

placenamehere
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [issue] Timezone creating incorrect datetime in txp:posted

hmm.. guess we’re talking past each other a bit on the conversation here… I wasn’t suggesting that storing dates at GMT was the resolution to my issue, was just responding to this:

Part of the problem is the existing legacy code and the fact that we don’t want to prevent people from upgrading from older versions of Textpattern.

I think the change in storage would be a big one, but I’m not sure how it fundamentally would prevent the ability to upgrade.

But that’s pretty much a different conversation at this point. The conversation I’d like to see about convention and ‘right’ wrt to a fix for my immediate issue would be things like do I put the logic in the 3 taghandlers.php functions that need it and call gmdate isntead of safe_strftime, do I push the logic to safe_strftiem… and what parameters would be the most txp like to trigger this logic… but maybe I’ll just do it and let those with checkin rights do with it what they please.

Site: placenamehere.com
Microformat Plugin: pnh_mf

#14 2006-02-19 00:25:51

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

It’s not that it prevents upgrading, just that creating the actual upgrading mechanism is just as if not more important. Without that, the change just won’t happen. If you check the update folder, you can see how upgrading is handled. Now, I think I know how we can do the upgrade for this, but I’ll need to experiment first before I can send in a patch.

#15 2006-02-19 16:24:48

placenamehere
Archived Plugin Author
Website

patch sent.. maybe after looking at it my questions about whats an acceptable approach (to solve the immediate issue) will be clearer

Site: placenamehere.com
Microformat Plugin: pnh_mf

Board footer