Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-06-12 17:26:41

duffe
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Any interest in these plugins?

Hi there,
Sorry about the lack of updates. It looks like the email notifaction of the old forum also broke so I wasn’t aware of the latest discussion :/

Truth is I’ve lost in interest in developing with Textpattern of late… however coming back to the forum has certainly got my txp:blood/> going again! :)

Okay well autolinks looks to be the popular choice so let’s get it happening. It started out as a g1.19 plugin last year, but I never fully finished it due to a few complicated pattern matching bugs that showed up. It was also “article-side,” meaning the links are generated in each instance an article is requested by a reader… which isn’t too good for the server.

Now that we have admin-side plugins available (thanks zem!), do you think I should move this plugin there? Whenever you save an article, the links would be automatically inserted and saved into the article’s database entry. Or would you prefer to keep your articles “clean,” and have the links inserted only when the article is displayed on the website?

Last edited by duffe (2005-06-12 17:35:42)

#38 2005-06-12 20:13:58

steventer

Duffe said: “would you prefer to keep your articles “clean,” and have the links inserted only when the article is displayed on the website?”

yes, definitely, I would not like to have the links saved in the databse…

#39 2005-06-13 19:37:53

moloko
Website

Autolinks sounds really interesting and full of possible uses. Great job on all the plugins.

#40 2005-06-14 14:58:11

duffe
Archived Plugin Author

hpw_autolinks ready for testing :)

http://www.hyperwhat.com/downloads/hpw_autolinks

Check out the inbuilt help for instructions.

I based this on the “PHP Acronym Definer” found at photomatt.net (http://photomatt.net/scripts/acronymit)

I like it! Hope it works :)

#41 2005-06-14 20:11:23

davidm

another vote for autolinks,
and one for SIFR, but wasn’t there a plugin for this already ?

.: Retired :.

#42 2005-06-14 20:49:31

starzabove

Great plug in, and it’s working on the latest revision – but I did find an error in the instructions.
They say to assign it to a link category named
Automation
but it didn’t work and when I look at the plug-in code it seems to me that it should be a category named
automatic
auto
or
autolink

I changed my link category name to
automatic
and it works!

Thanks again!

90+ Textpattern installs and still going…

#43 2005-06-14 20:52:03

starzabove

Oh, and my vote goes for send2afriend.
I am currently looking for such a script for a site I am developing that is, of course, being developed in TextPattern.

#44 2005-06-14 21:00:20

starzabove

Oh, and a couple of other notes after using the autolinks plug in a bit more, though I’m not sure this can be remedied – when I set an autolink, if I already had a link coded in, it doubles it. i.e.
<a href=“http://google.com”><a href=“http://google.com”>Google</a></a>
But the link still works.
And then it also seems to be wrapping itself around the works in alt tags.

Last edited by starzabove (2005-06-14 21:00:56)

#45 2005-06-14 23:52:57

duffe
Archived Plugin Author

Thanks for the info starzabove

Yep you can use automatic, auto, or autolink… and I just updated it to also work with automation.

Right, so I’m also going to have to add some extra rules to detect if the matching text is already in a link, or is an attribute for some other tag. I guess it would also be good to be able to disable autolinks in some cases? Any suggestions how this could best be done? I could add a tickbox in the article editor along the lines of “Enable autolinks for this article,” that is ticked by default.

send2friend will be up next ;)

#46 2005-06-17 15:33:16

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I really wish I could push a ransom up for autolinks, the problem is that here in Greece we can not have any paypal accounts.
If there is any safe way to hand the money over by credit card , the Id be happy to pass 60 $ from my side.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#47 2005-06-17 16:24:19

duffe
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Marios

I’ll endevour to have a usable version of autolinks out by the end of next week. No need to handover money, but the thought is appreciated. Instead, perhaps you can help me with Greek installation instructions once it is finished? I’d be interested to see how well Textpattern’s in-built internationalisation lends itself to plugins.

Last edited by duffe (2005-06-17 16:24:42)

#48 2005-06-19 22:31:54

marios
Archived Plugin Author

> duffe wrote:

> Hi Marios

I’ll endevour to have a usable version of autolinks out by the end of next week. No need to handover money, but the thought is appreciated. Instead, perhaps you can help me with Greek installation instructions once it is finished? I’d be interested to see how well Textpattern’s in-built internationalisation lends itself to plugins.

That’s another topic.

I’ll be glad to help though,

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

Board footer