Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-07-11 15:15:08

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: mrh_email_article_link

I’m using rce svn 477
I use the plugin in a custom field. On saving I get thhis warnings in the back end at the bottom of the “write” tab of each article that i use the pluin for.

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname in /www/n/neme/htdocs/main/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code on line 71

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to www.google.com:80 in /www/n/neme/htdocs/main/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code on line 71

In the front end all works ok.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#14 2005-07-11 17:48:32

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Colak,

Why are you using the plugin within a custom field? It really should only be used within a single article form. Can you send me the code you are using with this tag?

I also tested this against rev. 482 and it seems to work fine. No errors visible on admin pages.

I think we must have a disconnect somewhere.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by aesop1 (2005-07-11 18:12:05)

#15 2005-07-11 18:13:53

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Well, I did neglect to update the version number and the “short description.” Oops.

#16 2005-07-12 14:11:51

colak
Admin

hi aesop.. the warnings dispappeared. It might have been my fault as I probably did not upgradr all the documents with the particular svn. I am currently using svn483 and there are no warnings.
For your info this is how I use this tag:
In a cusom field I have: <code><txp:mrh_email_article_link subject=“Title of each article” /></code>
In the default form I have<code>
<ul>

<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom1”><li><b><txp:custom_field name=“custom1” /></b></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom2”><txp:custom_field name=“custom2” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom3”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom3” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom4”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom4” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom5”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom5” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom6”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom6” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom7”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom7” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom8”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom8” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom9”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom9” /></li></txp:if_custom_field>
<txp:if_custom_field name=“custom10”><li><txp:custom_field name=“custom10” /></li></txp:if_custom_field></ul></div>
<txp:body /><br />
<txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link prefix=” [” suffix=”]”>Edit</txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link>
</txp:if_individual_article></code>…

Yiannis
——————————

#17 2005-07-12 14:14:05

colak
Admin

On another subject
I had to go into the sourse of the plugin where I changed your &s into ‘& amp ;’ as the plugin produces invalid xhtml otherwise. As far as I could see, it appeared in two (&body) instanses

Last edited by colak (2005-07-12 14:14:50)

Yiannis
——————————

#18 2005-07-12 15:11:24

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Ah, I will update the plugin today. The invalid XHTML is the result of my cutting and pasting my modified source from the TXP plugin “edit” window when I updated the plugin for RC3. I did originally have the <code>’&amp’</code> there instead before the browser rendered them for me. Let that be a lesson to me!

Thanks for the catch and the clarification.

Last edited by aesop1 (2005-07-12 15:14:42)

#19 2005-07-14 00:20:21

mjarecki

Hi

I’ve discovered a problem that this plug-in (in addition to upm_img_popper 0.6.3) causes on my system. I’m using Rev 486 and mrh_email_article_link 0.2. The plug-in works fine on my normal pages but seems to kill my RSS feeds with the following error message ahead of the correct RSS code:

<code>
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: custom in <b>/Library/WebServer/Documents/current/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code</b> on line <b>612</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: s in <b>/Library/WebServer/Documents/current/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code</b> on line <b>14</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: custom in <b>/Library/WebServer/Documents/current/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code</b> on line <b>612</b><br />
<br />
<br />
</code>

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark

#20 2005-07-14 01:08:02

mjarecki

I seem to have fixed the problem, regarding mrh_email_article_link. It seems that it causes problems when used in an actual article and can only be used within an article form. Using the following at the top of an article page with Textile on seems to be causing issues with RSS:

<code> <txp:upm_image type=“image” image_id=“3” class=“image” />

<txp:mrh_email_article_link />
</code>

Mark

#21 2005-07-14 04:07:02

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Yes, Mark, I would think that would be the culprit. Although some other people seem to have been able to use it elsewhere (depending on the plugin combo they have installed), the assumed use of the plugin is within a single article form since that is where the plugin’s variables are certain to be available. Glad you got it working. I’ll have to check out upm_image—that Mary writes a mean plugin!

#22 2005-07-14 04:21:24

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Colak,

I just followed up and took a look at your site (nice, btw) to see how the plugin was being used. I noticed that on a few pages we were seeing duplicate subfolders (or sections perhaps) in the email article links. This tends to happen if $siteurl is being set with the TXP admin interface (the place where you type in the site URL and subfolder if any) with a subfolder. As far as I can tell, this may be snafu with TXP.

As it turns out, this creates a problem for the plugin since it assembles the URL with duplicate subfolders or section as the case may be. What you might try doing — offline preferably — is removing the site url from the Admin interface entirely (actually leaving it blank). I believe Zem or someone indicated that TXP can figure out your site url without this info.

If this doesn’t work we will have to figure something else out. Sorry to place this here, but I don’t know how else to reach you.

Matt

Last edited by aesop1 (2005-07-14 04:30:45)

#23 2005-07-14 06:41:54

colak
Admin

Hi aesop
Thanks for spotting it!
I have the textpattern isntall in a subfolder called main.
I have deleted the site url from the admin interface but the particular problem is still there.
I have also changed my privacy perferences should you wish to contact me directly…

Yiannis
——————————

#24 2005-07-14 13:46:30

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Darn. We’ll need to put in some programming that will take into account a subfolder. I’ll take a look at this later today or this evening.

Board footer