Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-11-24 03:17:03

gomedia
Plugin Author

Whatever Happened to GOMEDIA?

If anyone is wondering why I haven’t been very TXP attentive recently … apologies but there have been big changes in my world.

I’ve recently received my seniors discount card, as well as my concession travel card, and I’ve officially retired (well, as far as the tax man is concerned).

Thank you to everyone who have been covering for me on the forums recently – especially @jakob.

My business website has recently expired, so unfortunately all adi_plugin download links will fail. I can post text versions if anyone needs them desperately.

As for the future, I haven’t quite decided what to do in the online space. I’m pretty sure I’ll bash together a hobby website at some point (using TXP of course).

I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks and all the best!

Adi

#2 2023-11-24 08:28:59

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Whatever Happened to GOMEDIA?

Adi,

Hello!

This sounds like nice news –

[…] received my seniors discount card, as well as my concession travel card, and I’ve officially retired

(makes me a little jealous… but soonish I will follow in that)

Have a nice time.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2023-11-24 09:16:13

jakob
Admin
Website

Hi Adi, congratulations on the shift into a new gear, so to speak. It’d be great if you could still pop in here from time to time, even if just to report on the good life :-)

Would you have anything against putting your plugins on GitHub* so they are still accessible and can be updated as required? Alternatively one of us could do that on your behalf if you would rather be free of any maintenance obligations. I’ve done that with one or two plugins of yours where I made minor bugfixes, but always asked if that was okay with you.

*It could be another service such as GitLab or Codeberg if you have qualms about MS, but GitHub would make it easier for the rest of us to fork and repair where required.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2023-11-24 13:13:21

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Adi! Great to hear from you.

It’d be awesome if your plugins could be hosted somewhere like GitHub or adopted, as I’d love to have them available on plugins.textpattern.com. I consider some of your plugins as my go-to extensions. adi_matrix is sheer genius that I use heavily. adi_detritus is superb. Elements of adi_files_tab crept into core last month. The list goes on.

The way you handle centralised Textpack installation is going to need rethinking if your site is unavailable so, at the very least, whoever updates them will need to reinvent this aspect and bundle Textpacks natively.

Thank you for your amazing support and fabulously inventive coding over the years. Please don’t be a stranger here, and enjoy your retirement. I wish you well for your future projects.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer