Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » Edytor Tiny

#1 2023-06-20 11:08:14

Omnibus24

Edytor Tiny

Question from a user starting his adventure with textpattern, so I am asking for a simple translation and examples of use :)

Is it possible, and if so, how to connect a visual editor, e.g. Tiny, as shown in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3AwoFsoj1U in the 5th minute 29th second of the video. This website is based on textpattern https://www.wesaacademy.org

#2 2023-06-20 12:30:55

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Edytor Tiny

Hi, Petri Ikonen has a little plugin for embedding TinyMCE in the Body and Except fields. Have a look on his plugin page.

BTW: Should more of the Textpattern admin panels be arranged differently for right-to-left languages like yours?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2023-06-20 23:13:35

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

jakob wrote #335517:

BTW: Should more of the Textpattern admin panels be arranged differently for right-to-left languages like yours?

All admin panels adapt themselves automatically to RTL languages, as long as the login language is a RTL language.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#4 2023-06-21 02:32:27

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

That said, there might be some room for improvement when the admin language is set to a LTR language (English in the vid. above) but the language used for the input is a RTL language.

Compare this sample (default Textpattern) with this sample. In the second example, the text in the Title and Body fields is right-aligned, as can be expected for an RTL language.

–^–

Apologies to lovers of the Farsi language if I butchered the text somehow while copy-pasting from Wikipedia.

–^–

The possible solution: add dir="auto" to the affected / relevant fields, such as textarea and eventually single line text fields. Browsers will do the rest automagically. I am not sure if there are possible unexpected of unwanted side effects.

Possible relevant fields:
  • Title, Body Excerpt and meta description field on the Write panel
  • description field on the edit panels for Categories / Images / Files / Themes / Sections

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

1. Index
  2. » How do I…?
  3. » Edytor Tiny

Board footer