Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-04-04 17:29:23

jewalker

Paid work - upgrading CMS from old version

Hi,

I am an experienced WordPress developer but new to TextPattern CMS. I have recently taken over maintaining and hosting a TextPattern website: https://leshelme.com/textpattern/. The software on the server is version 4.0.8 from 2009, and I am currently unable to edit the website.

I read here https://docs.textpattern.com/installation/upgrading-textpattern (section 1) that I should upgrade to version 4.2.0 first, ensuring all admin functionality is working as expected, and then upgrade to the latest stable release.

I don’t feel confident to try and upgrade the live version, and when I tried to install a local version on MAMP there were some errors, such as User_Error “Unknown column ‘skin’ in ‘field list’”.

If anyone would like to quote me a price to upgrade the CMS version on the live site I would be interested please.

Thanks,

Jane

#2 2023-04-04 17:37:35

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Paid work - upgrading CMS from old version

Sorry, your last message has been swallowed by the weekend. IIRC, the update script has stopped on 4.7 step. Can you check what is the registered %version%(-like) in your local txp_prefs table? Setting it to a lower value might trigger the update script again.

#3 2023-04-05 07:36:22

jewalker

Thanks bloatware, that’s helpful. I will try that.

Jane

#4 2023-04-07 12:16:27

jewalker

Thanks for the help and replies. I am going to contact the client to discuss options but I will probably re-do it in WordPress so that it’s more mobile friendly and easier for me to edit.

#5 2023-04-07 14:17:42

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

jewalker wrote #335282:

Thanks for the help and replies. I am going to contact the client to discuss options but I will probably re-do it in WordPress so that it’s more mobile friendly and easier for me to edit.

Textpattern admin side is mobile friendly with very high accessibility standards, the front end is completely up to the designer.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer