Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-12-13 04:13:49

islam

error messages showing and I don't know how to fix it

Hello
I am facing few error message during installation please advice me how to fix it

Warning: is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_admin.php on line 1050

Warning: is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_admin.php on line 1050

Warning: is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_admin.php on line 1050

Warning: is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_admin.php on line 1050

#2 2022-12-13 08:53:08

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: error messages showing and I don't know how to fix it

Hi and welcome to the textpattern community.

I suspect you have set a wrong directory path to tmp directory (/home/admin/web/linuxposts.com/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) (I am not an expert but why is there a “:” in a path?)

If you can finish your install you can correct those warning in the textpattern admin.

If you go inside textpattern admin : Admin/Diagnostics you can see some useful informations about the error.

If the error is the tmp directory path you can correct it by going to : Admin/Preferences and then choose Admin in the left nav, there you should see a “Temporary directory path” input field, there you put a correct directory path and then save, that should solve the warnings.

Cheers.

Board footer